katiegloss

The Isle of Wight festival really seems to have uped their game this year.
Is there anyone on this line up you'd particularly like to see/wouldnt like to see at Glastonbury?
Has anyone been before? How big is it and whats the atmosphere like?
Definitely considering it either this year or on the fallow year!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent headliners, dross below that, apparently quite a nice site and fairly decent atmosphere - but nothing going on after the main stages finish so a bit like a more middle class Reading Festival apparently.

On TV the crowds always look a bit quiet. I feel like Ive definitely grown out of the Leeds atmosphere so maybe it could be an option for the future!

The ticket price is good in comparison with Leeds/Reading and T etc, just the cost of getting there!

I go to the Isle of Wight yearly as it's my local, it's a nice festival. Undercard doesn't compare at all to Glasto, or many other festivals, but it tends to have a quite varied line-up to try and appeal to all ages rather than stick to a specific niche, which can make it seem weak because the whole line-up might not be totally your thing. While there's only 2 or 3 main stages, there's also quite a lot of smaller tents/bars with live acts/DJs on with lineups for them not revealed until closer to the fest. I've often had more fun in those (Kashmir café and Hipshaker especially) than at the main stage.

Unfortunately the late night stuff only goes on until 2am, but it's a fun festival with a nice atmosphere that usually pulls off some great headliners, partly due to its heritage. It's also a fun journey, cracking open the first cider of the weekend on the ferry :) And the sun usually shines!

Edited by paulmuchmore

I'm really looking forward to it, some great headliners and a few of my friends went last year and had a great time, the undercard doesn't look particularly great but I've still found 15 and more bands I'd like to see. Plus the price to see blur and fleetwood mac at their own gigs is near enough the same as a weekend ticket.

Edited by Callum_96

The IOW forum is that way. =>>>

I do apologise.

I just thought it would be easier to see opinions of other people who are going to glastonbury on the lineup, like there is for every other festival in this chat, by starting a new topic.

That way people who wanted to read it could, and it wasnt bunged in another topic which people follow who dont care about it.

I do apologise.

I just thought it would be easier to see opinions of other people who are going to glastonbury on the lineup, like there is for every other festival in this chat, by starting a new topic.

That way people who wanted to read it could, and it wasnt bunged in another topic which people follow who dont care about it.

You tell em' Katie.

But yeah I'd like to see First Aid Kit

Would be nice to see James, The Charlatans, Imelda May and one or two others but it's a weak lineup in my opinion, although there are, as always, acts on there who I don't know and could be good.

Two good headliners in Fleetwood Mac and Blur but it's not a vintage year for IOW by any stretch

I do apologise.

Don't worry. I'm just grumpy with IOW for stealing Fleetwood Mac. Don't mind me. X

Im a new poster so feel i dont know the rules!

-make up any rumour you like and claim you have a good source

-post obligatory Matt42 abuse at least once per day

-hate on any other festival than glastonbury

-claim to love bands that no-one has ever heard of

-claim mainstream bands are dull and boring while offering alternatives that are equally, if not more boring

That should do it :pogranichnik:

Im a new poster so feel i dont know the rules!

efestivals forums are a scary place!

Hi Katie and welcome to the forum.

There was a Coachella thread and other festivals get discussed on here, particularly with reference to possible cross-over of acts with GF. So, your thread is as legitimate any other!

People on here are, by and large, pretty reasonable. There are some 'personalities' that you will learn about, and learn to love, should you stick around.

russycarps is a great big pussy cat...

Ben

There's a fair few I'd be happy to see at Glastonbury:

Ash, Billy Idol, Blur, Counting Crows, First Aid Kit, Fleetwood Mac, James, Lighning Seeds, Paolo, Pronghorn, SLF, Suzanne Vega, Black Keys....

I'm like, so down with the kids. Plenty on there I've not heard of too so could find something new.

-claim mainstream bands are dull and boring while offering alternatives that are equally, if not more boring

'hate on'? Really? Good crivens, standards around here really are not what they used to be. What what.

would you like me to edit that post into well spoken english?

No, no. Just be wary of Americanisation. Unless you're an American, in which case all hope is lost.

It's a slippery slope, you see. Today it's a 'hate on', tomorrow it's 'off of' and before you know you're using 'gotten' on a daily basis. You'll say you can quit, er, I mean, stop, but we all know it's not that easy,

I've seen good men go this way, never to return.

A little hot in here, no? :read: