Site Visit

Smash1984

Hi All,

I was in the area yesterday and finished work a little earlier than anticipated so I went for a wonder around the site. Still can't work out how to paste images straight in so I've uploaded to Dropbox.

P.S Ground is looking good but it was a gorgeous day. Still soft to walk on.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axwyz1h683e65xp/AAAXfvKcDWU0qnzxSilWe_JGa?dl=0

Enjoy!

Pyramid stage looks so small with nothing around it. Crazy what the site transforms into in a few months.

Yeah I always think that. The site was fairly busy to be honest. Saw two new long drop pits being constructed as well as laying of a fair bit of pipe work.

It must be quite odd walking from the Pyramid to the Stone Circle "as the crow flies" if that's possible.

I just stuck to the tracks to be honest, mostly because i was trying to visualise the site layout while walking there and some areas were still really boggy etc. Funny seeing the random structures that stay year round as well, i didn't get any photos but walked past the big boat which is in the Green peace area i think (just before crossing the old rail track).

I just stuck to the tracks to be honest, mostly because i was trying to visualise the site layout while walking there and some areas were still really boggy etc. Funny seeing the random structures that stay year round as well, i didn't get any photos but walked past the big boat which is in the Green peace area i think (just before crossing the old rail track).

I'm very jealous, next time I drive down to Plymouth I'll take a huge detour & have a mooch around.

Hi All,

I was in the area yesterday and finished work a little earlier than anticipated so I went for a wonder around the site. Still can't work out how to paste images straight in so I've uploaded to Dropbox.

P.S Ground is looking good but it was a gorgeous day. Still soft to walk on.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axwyz1h683e65xp/AAAXfvKcDWU0qnzxSilWe_JGa?dl=0

Enjoy!

Ah... Thanks for sharing. I would love to walk the site like this one day.

We visited the site on our wedding day in September. Here are a few photos!

Those are just fantastic!! What a great idea/being able to do that on the day :D

Will be my first time without the ex this year. Going to be strange

Will at least not give your supplies.

I had a meeting with a chap called Phill Miller (infrastructures manger for glasto fest's) a few weeks ago because we're supplying some kit to them this year. His office is right up the top and he had a sky light infront of his desk with the most fantastic veiw of the site, he should me a few bits a pieces that are stored away in the barns and I got goosebumps.

Edited by bennyboi

Those are just fantastic!! What a great idea/being able to do that on the day :D

We got married at Shepton Mallet Register Office as it was only 20 mins from the farm where we had the rest of our day. With it being so close to Worthy Farm we just had to do it! We checked with the festival office first and they said it was ok.... then all the gates were locked shut so we had to climb over quite a few to reach the pyramid!