Warped Tour UK 2015

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think having headlined the venue before excludes them. It's not even a foregone conclusion that as a band they would make more doing their own show.

Own show means paying for lease of venue. Own lighting and sound hire. Festival type show has all this in place and a nice fee paid to the band. Sure. It would be lower than ticket sales for their own show but not necessarily much lower than their eventual profit

• 2 weeks later...

@WarpedUK 14h14 hours ago

I wonder if any of tonights @KerrangMagazine awards winner will be at #warpeduk ???

Warped Tour posted this last night, so don't think it looks too promising unless that have a biggie like YMAS or All Time Low but can't see it as they've both played bigger venues themselves. But maybe that is the reason for the high price? Expecting they're talking about BVB though and maybe Slaves

@WarpedUK 14h14 hours ago

I wonder if any of tonights @KerrangMagazine awards winner will be at #warpeduk ???

Warped Tour posted this last night, so don't think it looks too promising unless that have a biggie like YMAS or All Time Low but can't see it as they've both played bigger venues themselves. But maybe that is the reason for the high price? Expecting they're talking about BVB though and maybe Slaves

I'd imagine Pvris are a given, maybe BMTH headlining but that'd be a bit similar to last time.

On further glance there are a few acts I'd see further down the line up. August Burns Red (who I'm not a massive fan of anyway), Frank Carter + The Rattlesnakes, Rob Lynch, Trophy Eyes, ROAM, Creeper and Allusondrugs but none of them will make me part with my cash. Also I'd say about half of those will get poor crowds has I doubt many share much crossover with AA or BVB fans. Will probably sell well though

Edited by justanothername

The fact they reckon Asking Alexandria have that sort of draw when the only thing to go off with the new singer is that BMTH cover band new single of theirs, that could come back to bite them on the ass. BVB have gotten less popular too I feel, their intimate show at the Electric Ballroom sold pretty slowly compared to what I'd imagine they were expecting.

Interestingly though Blitz Kids are on there and they've said their July tour is the last time you'll see them for a very long time so who knows, maybe its a fake.