The Stone Roses

Matt42

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so sure they'd headline Glastonbury? Yeah they're popular but they're no more popular than Mumford and Sons were in 2013. I seem to recall M&S getting a lot of stick for not having enough songs in their back catalog to perform a headline slot what with only having 2 albums and The Stone Roses are in the exact same position. I don't think Michael would make the same mistake twice, in my opinion they should get a more experienced band to headline like James and put The Stone Roses in a subheadline spot beneath them. Everyones happy that way

Why is everyone so sure they'd headline Glastonbury? Yeah they're popular but they're no more popular than Mumford and Sons were in 2013. I seem to recall M&S getting a lot of stick for not having enough songs in their back catalog to perform a headline slot what with only having 2 albums and The Stone Roses are in the exact same position. I don't think Michael would make the same mistake twice, in my opinion they should get a more experienced band to headline like James and put The Stone Roses in a subheadline spot beneath them. Everyones happy that way

maxresdefault.jpg

question and answer in the first line, there.

Edit: I see you're joking. Never mind.

Edited by The Placid Casual

DON'T YOU KNOW JAMES DON'T DO GLASTONBURY

Eavis' disrespect to the music of Manchester by not booking either New Order or James for years disgusts me.

Only by putting on a Roses/James/NO trio of headliners for the Pyramid stage, will he absolve himself from this disgrace.

The Stone Roses are the real fucking deal, no two ways about it. Fanbase might be full of Epsilon-minuses but their recorded output is unbeatable and The Heaton Park show was proof that they can still pull out a show-stopper. Say all you want about Manchester crowds having the best atmosphere, but to me it seems like The Roses +Pyramid is a winning combination.

I really enjoyed seeing them at Heaton Park, but it would be nice to hear Waterfall without a waterfall of piss constantly flying through the air.

Mumf*rd only have one song. That's why people questioned if they could hold a crowd's attention for more than five minutes.

I'd avoid the gigs at the ethiad then 

I'm going to.  I like them enough to pay for tickets for their gigs every 20 years or so and probably enough to pop to the Pyramid if they play, but I'm not going to catch them on this tour otherwise.  I just don't see the point unless they deliver a new album to get excited about.

No. I gave up queuing for beer after the 2nd run. It reminded me of Pamlona. Did have a whiskey stash mind you but it wouldn't take a nuclear explosion to mask how bad he was at times.

The queues were ridiculous - I got 2 on our way in and that was it. Luckily between Beady Eye and Roses we were talking to this couple who had come into the front bit from VIP with literally more booze than they could carry (half pints in coat pockets type of thing) so they shared some. I was mainly sober though for Heaton Park and to be fair between the music and the crowd could barely hear the vocals so loved it all. 

I got myself in such a state at Heaton Park I had to be carried out the venue and collapsed in a bush in a secluded Street. I couldn't remember a thing once they came on. I was at the front in the pit and everything. Not my proudest moment after waiting 20 odd years to see the original line up.

Ended up going to V so I could say that I'd seen them properly. 

I missed their first coming as spent 89 and 90 in Aus and NZ piloting the concept of a gap Yah!

Returned to find my chums wearing flowery shirts, hideous hats and being so in love with Madchester that one had moved as close as possible(Stockport) from deepest Surrey. Quickly loved the first album but having missed the initial mania have never held them high in my affections.

My mates are already salivating at the prospect of them headlining but unless there is evidence of improved vocals from Mr Brown I will easily be distracted by an alternative stage headliner. Im not sure ive seen a band with a worse live vocalist get so much praise. I'll stick to the vinyl and maintain my respect for the first album.

For the love and affection shown around here though I hope they do headline!

Turns Into Stone is brilliant. I love Standing Here, Going Down and Where Angels play, as well as the ones already mentioned earlier. Enjoying reading the love for them on here, I knew there was a lot of people who like them, but not to the level I'm reading.

I got myself in such a state at Heaton Park I had to be carried out the venue and collapsed in a bush in a secluded Street. I couldn't remember a thing once they came on. I was at the front in the pit and everything. Not my proudest moment after waiting 20 odd years to see the original line up.

Ended up going to V so I could say that I'd seen them properly. 

Thought that was a good gig actually - weird seeing them at V but it was a bit of a smaller crowd, but everyone there absolutely wanted to be, with quite a few we talked to throughout Noel / Roses changeover who couldnt get heaton park tickets or couldnt make it so were seeing them for the first time

Turns Into Stone is brilliant. I love Standing Here, Going Down and Where Angels play, as well as the ones already mentioned earlier. Enjoying reading the love for them on here, I knew there was a lot of people who like them, but not to the level I'm reading.

I prefer Turns Into Stone to the first album, some fantastic tracks on there.