The Stone Roses

Matt42

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Grrr I just got ahead of myself and booked a room and flight as I have never been to Ireland before and thought it would be the perfect opportunity (although I am off to Belfast next month to watch the Mondays)

I just presumed Marlay Park would be huge and getting a ticket would be no issue. I am all in now anyway so will just have to hope for the best :-)

Dublin is great craic anyway and John Grant is playing the Iveagh Gardens the same night if all is lost on the Roses but stay positive. 

Where is the hotel you've booked? Cos Marley Park is in the 'burbs

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Dublin is great craic anyway and John Grant is playing the Iveagh Gardens the same night if all is lost on the Roses but stay positive. 

Where is the hotel you've booked? Cos Marley Park is in the 'burbs

It is the University digs. A double room with ensuite and was pretty reasonable. The flight was only £43 return as well.

Hopefully I will be OK next week. A ticket will pop up even if I do not succeed next week. If it comes to it then I may have to use the secondary sale sites but that will be a last resort.

Just now, eastynh said:

It is the University digs. A double room with ensuite and was pretty reasonable. The flight was only £43 return as well.

Hopefully I will be OK next week. A ticket will pop up even if I do not succeed next week. If it comes to it then I may have to use the secondary sale sites but that will be a last resort.

Well I assume you'll be fine BUT if not then theres always Toutless.com which is Irish based. 

7 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

for the Phoenix Park gigs (45k capacity) it "sold out" officially 3 days after going onsale I think, however tickets kept popping up on ticketmaster for long periods after, right up until the week of it. there were plenty of tickets on Toutless too. should be easy enough to get tickets really.

Hopefully I will be OK then on Friday. I am not in work unfortunately and will be trying from home. It is strange as I have no real idea of the appeal of the band outside of Manchester.

3 hours ago, justperfect said:

Im now of the thinking  that we have 2 of our headliners, coldplay and the roses in the bag

I think they will play as well. That is just a hunch on my part really, but it would make sense.

I have heard a few times that Glasto do not pay enough but they have all played there individually apart from Reni.

I just can'take see them playing V or IOW again. Reading maybe an option, but it just makes sense for them to play Glasto.

Really hope they play,can't believe its a money issue as they must have made a mint since the reunion .

Can't see a problem with the TV exposure either ,IAN brown solo set was shown a few years back ,we all know he can sound iffy live by that hasent  bothered other bands over the years

Edited by cidy

On 13/11/2015, 20:07:14, eastynh said:

What is the capacity of Marlay Park?

Is is going to be as difficult to get a ticket next week?

Think it is 30,000 mate. Went over in 2014 the Sunday of Galstonbury weekend ( after missing out on G tickets ) for Arcade Fire and the Pixies. It`s a great looking venue, lovely tree lined arena and good sound etc. Totally shit bar and toilet set up though. Toilets really bad for the ladies which led to loads charging into the gents as the ladies cue was massive all day.

The bar had lager, red wine and red bull. Nothing else from mid afternoon and was way over-priced.

Also VERY tight with their searching at the gates.

I know the Roses will be more popular but there were loads of touts trying to shift tickets at the gates.

On 11/14/2015, 5:44:51, eastynh said:

Hopefully I will be OK then on Friday. I am not in work unfortunately and will be trying from home. It is strange as I have no real idea of the appeal of the band outside of Manchester.

When I bought tickets for the Manchester gig- I used the Ticketmaster app which worked really well- you need to make sure you've created an account and have a credit/debit card stored to make it easier.  Only thing is with it being sold through ticketmaster.ie not sure whether it would work?

23 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Think it is 30,000 mate. Went over in 2014 the Sunday of Galstonbury weekend ( after missing out on G tickets ) for Arcade Fire and the Pixies. It`s a great looking venue, lovely tree lined arena and good sound etc. Totally shit bar and toilet set up though. Toilets really bad for the ladies which led to loads charging into the gents as the ladies cue was massive all day.

The bar had lager, red wine and red bull. Nothing else from mid afternoon and was way over-priced.

Also VERY tight with their searching at the gates.

I know the Roses will be more popular but there were loads of touts trying to shift tickets at the gates.

I would rather have a ticket in the bag before flying over to be honest. Got to get James tickets on Friday now as well. Good job it is payday.

10 hours ago, dondo said:

When I bought tickets for the Manchester gig- I used the Ticketmaster app which worked really well- you need to make sure you've created an account and have a credit/debit card stored to make it easier.  Only thing is with it being sold through ticketmaster.ie not sure whether it would work?

Would ask on Twitter mate. Cheers for the heads up :-)

3 minutes ago, dondo said:

Good to hear- was about to say I checked on the Ticketmaster app and could get the tickets via that

It is annoying when you are trying to get tickets and the site keeps timing out. Then you are getting emails and messages on twitter saying tickets available at the tout sites.

I will admit, I have been stupid enough to buy tickets off them in the past but something really needs doing about them.

Edited by eastynh

3 hours ago, Woffy said:

Have we resigned ourselves to the fact the won't play Glasto?

Still have a feeling it will happen ,all the talk of adele i just dont get .

Popular yes but a headliner i cant see it myself plus shes stated she would not do festivals .

So muse fri

Roses sat

Coldplay sun 

A good mix of genre