Anyone going to glasto 2015 alone?

_holly_

Hi, I'm going solo now but will be working with Oxfam. There was meant to be a big group of my mates trying in the resale but they've all decided not to bother! Their loss!!

I'd be keen for the London meet up in May beforehand, sounds like a plan! I went last year so happy to give tips and stuff.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who helped organise a camping group of solo'ers last year, if you're serious about organising something then you'd be better off starting a thread on the main glasto forum.

Happy to pass on any advice and experience from what we did last year. Half the battle is weeding out the people who are genuinely interested in camping together and the one's who say 'ooh that'd be nice' but don't do much more than that.

The group I helped organise last year were a bunch of people going solo but wanted to all camp together with others. We stressed there was no expectation to hang out together; some liked just having someone to natter to in the morning and at night and others hung together quite a bit. Was worth all the effort though.

How about having a meet up in London before the journey?

Jet

I think this is a great idea, for any London-based people would you be up for meeting in Soho one evening in early May for a couple of drinks?

A friend of a friend made an excellent guide for first-timers last year, I'd be happy to pass it on to anyone who's interested. He recommends camping in Pennards Hill, I have no idea where that is having never been though!

Jo x

I think this is a good idea too, and I would be up for a London pre-Glasto catchup.

Your friend's first-timers guide sounds great Jo!

Alisha

Hello!

Registered especially for this! A Glastonbury first timer who managed to bag a ticket in the resale.

I'll be going on my own for the whole fest on the coach from London so a Soho meet in May sounds good - count me in!

I'm now going to throw myself head first into the guides.

Beth.

This year will be my 10th year and I am travelling and camping on my own, have done that 6 other times. I am lucky that I have other groups of friends going and others in hospitality camping or family camping so I get to catch up with them across the course of the weekend but I am always wandering around, chatting to people etc. It's so easy there to wander and relax and make new friends

If there is a London meet up in May I will be up for that as well

Edited by raw-edge

So how can we make this happen?

This will be my 7th Glastonbury.....sadly I have never been in a group bigger than TWO people (me plus one) and I would really love to experience the festival as part of a bigger group, even if that is just camping together.

I have previously had a couple of days alone while waiting for a friend to arrive and once worked as a steward on my own (because it was the only way I could get a ticket) and to be honest spending so much time alone sucks. My friends aren't really into festivals but I love Glastonbury so much that I am once again attending the festival alone this year.....I was lucky enough to get a ticket in the resale yesterday.

Here is a bit of information about me:

I'm male, 35 years old.

You will probably think I am younger than 35, I'm fun but also pretty sensible.

I will be traveling to Glastonbury by coach from London.....hoping to arrive by 6:00pm on Wednesday.

I'm not an expert but I do know a bit about the festival.....still get lost though!

So who is up for making this group camp a reality?

Edited by iamthegr81

Does anyone have any preference in regards to which area we should set up camp?

I was thinking maybe 'Darble' in the North West corner of the site?

It isn't prone to flooding.

There is a property lock up close by.

It doesn't tend to get too overcrowded so that means there is a better chance that we would be able to save space for everyone who wants to join us and maybe section off an area.

Being next to the perimeter fence can be good because you are better protected from the elements and you can get yourself some extra room if you position your tent just far enough away from the fence that no one can squeeze their tent in between you and the fence.

This is also a good area because you don't get people walking past all the time so it's less likely someone will knock over your tent.

Well that's my idea thrown in to the hat.....what are your thoughts?

Love this thread, reminds me of the excitement of going to my first Glasto on my own last year. Joined this forum to meet other people and got involved in the solo group then. Had a great time in the build up getting organised and then meeting everyone on site. So good luck.

You would definitely get more traffic and organised if you get a thread going over in chat.

Can the London soho meet up be in June instead? I won't be in London till 13 June :(

For campsite I will suggest pennerd or Oxlyer. I have some friends that I met online to camp with but I am definitely in for the meet up in worthy farm.

I think we will need to sort out when is everyone going to the site first.. Wed or Thur, if we are to come up with some serious plan.

I really hope this happens, would be cool to camp in a group of solo travellers to the festival, doesn't matter what age you are, its the 18-80 club at Glastonbury, and as diverse as it gets, and music is such a great leveller.

I'm going solo this year as friends didn't get tickets but it would be great to have some people around to talk to, and maybe see a few bands together with, although the excitement of going solo is the total independence!

Travelling from York on the Wednesday arriving around early afternoon - Darble sounds good if thats the camp of choice?

Cheers

J

Yeah, I'm 40 several and have been "solo"a few times. There is usually a camp of "solo flyers" semi organised every year so it is worth hooking up with them.

It is a good experience.And I have met a lot of very nice people here.

If you can't find the camp, there is usually an official bar meet up on the Wednesday and Thursday evenings (Often at the big blue Cider Bus by the bandstand or the Avalon Field). Just look out for the efest and NFR/NFC t-shirts.