Visions Festival 2015

Tuna

Taking place on Saturday 8th August across various London locations inlcuding Oval Space, The Laundry, Oslo Hackney, St John's Church Hackney.

First acts announced. From their facebook page

"Here we go again! We're pleased to reveal the first wave of names for this years Visions Festival taking place on Saturday 8 August.

Fat Whites / Hinds / The Antlers / TOY / Son Lux / CEREMONY / Andy Stott / PEAKING LIGHTS / Luke Abbott / Torn Hawk / Girl Band / Jones

Limited tickets on-sale exclusively now for 24 hrs with no booking fees from DICE FM, then on general sale Wednesday at 9am.
https://dice.fm/visions"

Did anyone go last year / will anyone be going this?

• 3 weeks later...

Not majorly into any of the other bands (though I reckon I could get into Toy), but I might end up heading down to this for The Antlers if they don't announce any more convenient UK dates. Annoyed that it's 18+ since that means my brother can't come, is it worth going to solo? And how long will it be before ticket prices go up?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was great seeing The Antlers, though there were some disappointing set choices - I'm really not a fan of songs like Doppelganger, No Widows or Director, and they don't come across any more interesting live, and I was gutted that Sylvia and Epilogue didn't get played. Half expected them to come back on and do those last two as an encore but they packed up pretty quickly. Clearly whoever decided not to have them headlining made a bad call.

As for the festival as a whole, it was alright though I arrived a few hours late so didn't see the whole thing. Hinds put on a great set, certainly much more enjoyable live than on record. I had heard there were queues but wasn't prepared for the ENORMOUS one outside the church before Jens Lekman played - thankfully it moved pretty fast, think I was in after 20 minutes or so but I did miss the start of his set.