Dear Emily.....

not worthy

Doing what you do must be brutal at times...but please keep your chin up, you do a great job

You put on the biggest festival in the world with numerous stages and a huge diversity of music

.....and we love it

That's probably why opinions are so passionate in both support and negativity when they occur

The era of anti-social media means you get feedback so, so quickly..... and so often those most likely to comment are those opposed to something......but they are tiny relative to the sheer volume of folks who just love the festival.

You can never get it right for all, but please, please never let it get you down...and never stop

... now for me to get battered by the responses I get hereafter!

Im sure she expected this reaction and is paying no attention to it. Most of the people complaining on facebook dont even have tickets, and this forum is a very small sample.

I know about 20 people going, not 1 of them has said a bad thing about kanye, there are plenty of other stages.

Makes me want to get a ticket in the resale even more so. I was trying to explain to my Mrs why it's a good thing that Kanye's there - People who have a ticket and who've never been before might be a bit thick and not want to go now...excellent! Please allow more resale tickets, no problem!

Well said not worthy. Reading those comments on the Facebook announcement has become excruciating. The amount of posts saying things to the effect of "I thought it was supposed to be a rock festival"... I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but those people. Goshdarnit I hope a bird dumps on those people.

If anyone gives up their ticket based on one headliner announcement, then the joke really is on them. This announcement has just made me more excited for what else is planned. Kanye is not my cup of tea, but neither was Metallica and I bloody loved it. Keep it up Emily and the Glastonbury team!

Well said not worthy. Reading those comments on the Facebook announcement has become excruciating. The amount of posts saying things to the effect of "I thought it was supposed to be a rock festival"... I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but those people. Goshdarnit I hope a bird dumps on those people.

narrow minded non-attendees, who would have Metallica headline every year but still would never go?

When did Glasto take over the role of Reading/Leeds? :P

Doing what you do must be brutal at times...but please keep your chin up, you do a great job

You put on the biggest festival in the world with numerous stages and a huge diversity of music

.....and we love it

That's probably why opinions are so passionate in both support and negativity when they occur

The era of anti-social media means you get feedback so, so quickly..... and so often those most likely to comment are those opposed to something......but they are tiny relative to the sheer volume of folks who just love the festival.

You can never get it right for all, but please, please never let it get you down...and never stop

... now for me to get battered by the responses I get hereafter!

Well said :-)

Anybody who says that they are giving their ticket back because of one single headliner doesn't deserve it, there are many more deserving people who haven't got one, ban the lot of them from buying tickets in the future. I couldn't think of anyone I want to see less than Kanye but it doesn't matter one bit, it's an opportunity to see other things.

I genuinely can't even comprehend the mindset of someone who would find out about a band/performer playing, and then think that they might change their mind about going to a festival.

That is true a thousand fold at GF, given it's indescribable size and diversity. If you were planning to go to a tiny festival, two stages, and a couple of key acts really didn't do it for you then yes, I could understand that you might go elsewhere. But at Glastonbury?! I know I'm a bit naiive, but I really didn't think there were people who only go to see the Pyramid headliners. Are they simply there to be able to say that they were there/see their flag on the telly when they come home?

I'll not be watching kanye. I'll not be watching the Foos. There's almost no chance I'll be at the Pyramid on Sunday night. There never was. It's my first Glastonbury. I'm thrilled that GF has, so far, announced headliners that provoke discussion in a good way...rather than Kasabian who provoked a WTF?

I don't ever want to be a festival snob, but those expressing their stupid views on the impact of Kanye's announcment on their desire to go, really don't deserve the chance to go. As many have said, pop your tickets back in the pot and let some people go who actually want to go to Glastonbury for the right reason(s).

Ben

As I recall we had the same uproar when Jay-Z was announced and the crowd for his apperance was huge.

This is a big case of, 'you can not please all the people all of the time !' and as previously mentioned there is so much more to see and do than just headliners

I genuinely can't even comprehend the mindset of someone who would find out about a band/performer playing, and then think that they might change their mind about going to a festival.

That is true a thousand fold at GF, given it's indescribable size and diversity. If you were planning to go to a tiny festival, two stages, and a couple of key acts really didn't do it for you then yes, I could understand that you might go elsewhere. But at Glastonbury?! I know I'm a bit naiive, but I really didn't think there were people who only go to see the Pyramid headliners. Are they simply there to be able to say that they were there/see their flag on the telly when they come home?

I'll not be watching kanye. I'll not be watching the Foos. There's almost no chance I'll be at the Pyramid on Sunday night. There never was. It's my first Glastonbury. I'm thrilled that GF has, so far, announced headliners that provoke discussion in a good way...rather than Kasabian who provoked a WTF?

I don't ever want to be a festival snob, but those expressing their stupid views on the impact of Kanye's announcment on their desire to go, really don't deserve the chance to go. As many have said, pop your tickets back in the pot and let some people go who actually want to go to Glastonbury for the right reason(s).

Ben

believe it or not, there are loads of those people at Glastonbury. i know some. each to their own though i suppose.