Most Unpopular Headliners in Recent Years

st dan

Bullshit.

It was easier to get tickets for this year, after Metallica. They're a band that have managed to take Glasto headliner expectations back down to earth.

Ideally I'd like to agree with you but, yeah, as others have said, if the sale was over quicker and less of the efests sample were succesful then that doesn't scream "easier to get tickets" to me :(

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One man's fish is another man's poisson. There were five of us last year and all turned up to see what Metallica would be like. Two stayed and loved it. The others, me included, quit after two numbers and went walkabout.

As a result I chanced on a superb Bryan Ferry set that I might otherwise have overlooked.

The joy of Glasto is if you don't like someone there are usually several alternatives. KW isn't for me but I'm pretty sure I'll find something that I will enjoy. And I hope he'll do the business for those who want to see him.

When i was a young 'un before alcopops were even evented I used to drink a wee Jameson straight up. Now I'm old I have it in hot chocolate. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to work the other way round

Bar in Trash City about 5 years ago. 4am.

"What can I get ye?"

"WHISSKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" from a stoned and silly Nal.

"Kind of whiskey?" was the battle hardened bartender's instant cold retort.

"Jamm-esson." in perfect middle class Dublin was the response to a kindred spirit from Nal.

Bar in Trash City about 5 years ago. 4am.

"What can I get ye?"

"WHISSKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" from a stoned and silly Nal.

"Kind of whiskey?" was the battle hardened bartender's instant cold retort.

"Jamm-esson." in perfect middle class Dublin was the response to a kindred spirit from Nal.

Fucking brilliant! Hope you two are at the eFests meet!! WHISHKAAAAY!

Ideally I'd like to agree with you but, yeah, as others have said, if the sale was over quicker and less of the efests sample were succesful then that doesn't scream "easier to get tickets" to me :(

I haven't seen the booking page in years, tbh. Not until the sold out message comes up, anyway. If I didn't have help from people with better luck (or skill, who knows?), 2010 probably would have been my last year of attendance.

As for headliners, Kylie was the one that really baffled me - I had an "is-this-a-serious-proposal?" moment after that announcement. But I guess that doesn't count, as she got ill and did not play in the end.

the sale speed is all about the throttling that's put on the sale by See, so that's nothing of anything.

And there's much less screaming about "no ticket" here this year, so the people here were more successful and not less.

the final sound check before they came on stage was unbelievably loud. They were hitting a drum over and over and it was the loudest thing I've ever heard at the festival. And I was absolutely smashed at the time so would normally be immune to such things!

Funny you should say that, I too noticed how loud the sound check was. And then thought the actual performance was nowhere near as loud as the sound check :/!