Driving in and out...

Desmond 48

Evening everyone,

Quick question. Can I drive in and out of the car park each day on the site? For a number of reasons we've booked into a hotel instead of camping which isn't ideal but needs must and a that. So I'm just double checking if I can drive in and out of the festival or whether I'd need to go to a bloody Park and Ride every day.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can drive in and out each day but as weekend goes on you end up further and further away. Killer of a walk at night in the dark trying to find your car. West 42 is my record which is nearer Bristol than the festival site!

Depending where you are staying the coaches in from Glastonbury and Shepton Mallet are a better option as they drop you at the coach park which is a much shorter walk onto the main site. The taxi rank isn't too far away and also an option if there are a couple of you

I arrived last year and was already allocated a far off car park. Then during the festival I had need to go to my van to collect something. While on the way to the van I could see that there was room for the van in closer fields - so I duly drove the van closer to the festival and experienced no opposition from stewards. That said, thankefully I didn't drive it too close to the festival as they were experiencing carnage / road rage / long queues when it was time to leave on the Monday morning whereas we, further out, just drove straight off no bother. Just thinking the OP could try this throughout the festival. It might work, it might not. Can't see any harm in trying.

The only snag with what Yoghurt says is if you drive in from outside the site you tend to get funnelled into a car park, rather than being able to navigate to where there are spaces.

A few years ago I got a good spot in a west car park and went off site, when I came back got directed to a far off east car park!