mike99

Kanye west confirmed

Haha and as expected, the majority of over 2000 comments on the official Glasto Facebook page are summed up by WTF is happening!

The single worst booking Eavis could of made!

• Upvote 2

Back in July last year I called him as Friday headliner with Alt-J on the other. Make that Saturday I stand by it. As forethe rest of my prediction though...

proper on the fence on this one, I like some of his stuff..but not sure about hip hop live, but then it will be a bit of an event..hmmm

Awful... Just awful, what are they thinking putting him on??

Glastonbury sell out bollox, all about the TV viewings and BBC.

Absolutely love glastonbury, but this is disgusting.

i'm imagining your face turning puce as you hammer out thses words into your spittle flecked computer. amirite?

Glastonbury sell out bollox, all about the TV viewings and BBC.

Absolutely love glastonbury, but this is disgusting.

Hahahahahahahaha what? All about the TV viewing figures, I bet the BBC are terrified about if they will sensor or not

I am a big fan of Kanye on record but have never seen him live so looking forward to it. Not sure how popular he really is in the UK as many seem to know him less for his excellent music and more for being a helmet/Kim Kardashians husband.

Quick question as I was not an efests user back then. How was Beyonce in 2011 received?? Similar to this or not at all?

not my kind of thing at all. Unlikely to see him, but will try to give his back catalogue a listen and in the unlikely event there is nothing else I want to see at the same time I'll go watch him.

In terms of critical aclaim and fame he is a worthy headliner, even if it's not a genre I personally like, though I do get the impression he's a bit of an arsehole.

Back in July last year I called him as Friday headliner with Alt-J on the other. Make that Saturday I stand by it. As forethe rest of my prediction though...

Alt-J can only do Sunday, so I wouldn't stand by it lol.

Holy shit I didn't see this coming!

The return of that utter trumpet Mike.

Yet he seems to have come up trumps here. My melon is well and truly twisted.

As for Kanye west, much rather him then swift/madonna/Elton John/foo fighters/Kylie/Katy Perry et al.

He's utter shit mind.

• Upvote 1

Really not my thing. Have listened to his stuff and find it imensely dull and a bit unimaginative, plus he has a clothing line....I do hope that there are some very strong choices up against him. Can't help but feel that Headliner number 3 may be a very safe choice indeed (Blur?)

not my kind of thing at all. Unlikely to see him, but will try to give his back catalogue a listen and in the unlikely event there is nothing else I want to see at the same time I'll go watch him.

In terms of critical aclaim and fame he is a worthy headliner, even if it's not a genre I personally like, though I do get the impression he's a bit of an arsehole.

How is he worthy? And you only get the impression of him being an arsehole?!

Neil was right, the lineup will see more of an appearance of girls at the fest!

Edited by thewayiam

Bit disappointed with this in all honesty.

At least Jay-Z was a bit of an interesting booking. Kanye's 'rants' just aren't suited to Glastonbury IMO. Then what are we left with? The autotuned shite which makes up his new music.

I'm not denying he has a few very well known songs, but musically I'm not convinced. If Glastonbury start booking based on who's the biggest celebrity, we're in trouble.

Looks like I mis read the situation in the other thread after reading those fb comments maybe I was wrong and it'll actually make the resale easier / not much different