Kanye west confirmed

mike99

6 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Me happily opening this thread until I see everyone ranking 808's so low.

1.gif

If it makes you feel any better I was in a Kanye Facebook group for a bit and 808s was a lot of peoples favourites. 

I had to leave it though coz Kanye fans are well annoying, obnoxious and not enough of them like my favourite (Yeezus).

1.MBDTF

2. The College Dropout

3. late registration

4.pablo

5.WTT

6. Graduation 

7.808's

8. Yeezus

Toyed long and hard with this one and dropout was very nearly put at number 1 but I just dont think anyone can deny MBDTF for the masterpiece that it is. Not a great lover of yeezus as you can see, there is just something about it i just done get. There is a huge gulf between yeezus and 808's in this list the rest are all pretty tight.

22 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

MBDTF > Yeezus > Dropout > Pablo > Late Registration > WTT > 808s > Graduation

omfg, I've just listened to Graduation for the first time in years (reckon not done a full one since before MBDTF) and it's nothing like I remember, it's fucking incredible. I was surprised when I looked on my iTunes plays (because I've only ever had one iTunes library in my life, despite about 6 computer changes, am fookin magic) and saw that Graduation dominates the top end of the list, so thought I should go back, good decision. There's barely any slack in there (yeah, Drunk And Hot Girls's lyrics and delivery are horrible, but that beat is a killer), and it's probably got more range than any other Kanye album, he pulls it all off outrageously well. I reckon this could potentially his best album. Revised listing!

MBDTF > Graduation > Yeezus > Dropout > Pablo > Late Registration > 808s > WTT

No shade on 808s being that low, listening now and it's comfortably a 9/10 at least. Kanye's just fucking brilliant isn't he?

Also I reckon list threads could be good for us to keep going across the fallow; like my iTunes top 25 is an eerie autobiography, hadn't really looked at it before today, could have a nice thread where we all post them and we can peer at each others' top 25s and harshly judge.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

omfg, I've just listened to Graduation for the first time in years (reckon not done a full one since before MBDTF) and it's nothing like I remember, it's fucking incredible. I was surprised when I looked on my iTunes plays (because I've only ever had one iTunes library in my life, despite about 6 computer changes, am fookin magic) and saw that Graduation dominates the top end of the list, so thought I should go back, good decision. There's barely any slack in there (yeah, Drunk And Hot Girls's lyrics and delivery are horrible, but that beat is a killer), and it's probably got more range than any other Kanye album, he pulls it all off outrageously well. I reckon this could potentially his best album. Revised listing!

MBDTF > Graduation > Yeezus > Dropout > Pablo > Late Registration > 808s > WTT

No shade on 808s being that low, listening now and it's comfortably a 9/10 at least. Kanye's just fucking brilliant isn't he?

Also I reckon list threads could be good for us to keep going across the fallow; like my iTunes top 25 is an eerie autobiography, hadn't really looked at it before today, could have a nice thread where we all post them and we can peer at each others' top 25s and harshly judge.

My top 25 is near enough all just Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday, and not even their old classic albums - their new ones. As much as I try, the 15 year old in me always wins.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

My top 25 is near enough all just Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday, and not even their old classic albums - their new ones. As much as I try, the 15 year old in me always wins.

Tends to skew to older stuff, even if you haven't listened to it for years. The younger you are, the most you're into repetition, and when mp3 players had small capacities/music you had was limited to CDs that you bought or were burned for you, you ended up listening to the same stuff a lot more frequently. The first two Taylor Swift albums are hugely featured in mine, love the latter three way more, but had more to distract me from them.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tends to skew to older stuff, even if you haven't listened to it for years. The younger you are, the most you're into repetition, and when mp3 players had small capacities/music you had was limited to CDs that you bought or were burned for you, you ended up listening to the same stuff a lot more frequently. The first two Taylor Swift albums are hugely featured in mine, love the latter three way more, but had more to distract me from them.

On the other hand if you're like me and were stupid enough to not back up your PC before it inevitably crashed when you were 17, there's almost nothing you used to listen to growing up at all :( also not much Kanye on there, presumably because I usually listen to his albums as a whole rather than pick out specific songs to have on repeat for hours like I do with Swifty.

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 19.51.39.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 19.51.48.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 19.52.09.png

Edited by Zac Quinn

Where can you find your stats on Spotify? Didn't know that was a thing. 

I was really proud of my iTunes top 25 "back in the day", as it clearly showed off how cool I was. That was until my housemate, unbeknown to be, started using my account to listen to some crappy MOS Funky House Mix at the gym and infiltrated my top 25 with "Boogie Tonight" and other such hideousness.

29 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

... Do I potentially mess up my youtube reccos by listening to it so I can judge that for myself?

Nah, I obviously don't, no way have the Strokes made a banger, nor will they ever.

Log out and listen ya muppet. If you don't like their other stuff it probably won't do a whole lot for you but it's by miles the most fun thing they've ever done. 

27 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Kudos to anyone with their stats from way back when, I've had a few fucked hard drives and a stolen laptop stopping me achieving that. I was feeling edgy when I built my PC and decided to only use winamp so I haven't got any stats since then. Except on Spotify I guess.

Yeah The Streaming Era™ will inevitably mean the generations who grow up between now and the hipster revival of CDs in 20 years time will never know the magic of being obsessed with the order of your iTunes Top 25 Most Played. Half-surprised songs from Malibu have made it into mine, obvs I must've listened to it almost as much since I bought it 'properly' as when I just used to stream it 24/7.

Edited by Zac Quinn

This is a 2006 vintage, so from the age of 14 onwards, but most of this stuff is 07 and 08. Before that I was on Windows Media Player, and if that was still around it would be wall-to-wall Ash, The Cure, System Of A Down, Funeral For A Friend, The Academy Is..., Bob Dylan, Nina Simone, and Johnny Cash; weirdly my music tastes got much less cool the older I got. 

1. Let's Get Fucked Up And Die - Motion City Soundtrack (171)
2. The Show - Girls Aloud (166)
3. Big Big Love - Foals (163)
4. Ready For The Floor - Hot Chip (162)
5. The Glory - Kanye West (154)
6. Be Safe - The Cribs (149)
7. Tim McGraw - Taylor Swift (148)
8. Everything Is Alright - Motion City Soundtrack (138)
9. Fearless - Taylor Swift (135)
10. Picture To Burn - Taylor Swift (134)
11. Teardrops On My Guitar - Taylor Swift (132)
12. We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed - Los Campesinos! (128)
13. Can't Tell Me Nothing - Kanye West (128)
14. My Year In Lists - Los Campesinos! (126)
15. Sweet Dreams Sweet Cheeks - Los Campesinos! (124)
16. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift (123)
17. Defying Gravity - Kristen Chenoweth, Idina Mendzel (122)
18. North American Scum - LCD Soundsystem (121)
19. Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - Panic! At The Disco (117)
20. If I Were A Boy - Beyonce (116)
21. Us Vs Them - LCD Soundsystem (116)
22. Big Brother - Kanye West - (115)
23. Break The Ice - Britney Spears (113)
24. Flashing Lights - Kanye West (112)
25. B.O.B. - Outkast (111)

Shockingly, Miley Cyrus and Fall Out Boy didn't crack the top 25, but they're both huge players immediately outside of it. Holla to Burn by Usher, which was 26.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This is a 2006 vintage, so from the age of 14 onwards, but most of this stuff is 07 and 08. Before that I was on Windows Media Player, and if that was still around it would be wall-to-wall Ash, The Cure, System Of A Down, Funeral For A Friend, The Academy Is..., Bob Dylan, Nina Simone, and Johnny Cash; weirdly my music tastes got much less cool the older I got. 

19. Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - Panic! At The Disco (117)

Shockingly, Miley Cyrus and Fall Out Boy didn't crack the top 25, but they're both huge players immediately outside of it. Holla to Burn by Usher, which was 26.

Does the mean you've only listened to Be Safe 149 times in 11 years? Poor effort that.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Didn't realise I had nothing from Wicked on mine until I read this, fuck sake. Gonna have to listen to For Good and What Is This Feeling non-stop tomorrow to put that right.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Does the mean you've only listened to Be Safe 149 times in 11 years? Poor effort that.

I'll thank you to note that; 1) it came out only 10 years ago, 2) the version listed is the album version but I also have a second one on Payola, 3) this accounts for iTunes plays only and is unaffected by the many CD listens and ~20 times I've witnessed the Jarmans live.

25 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Where can you find your stats on Spotify? Didn't know that was a thing. 

There's  site that tells you how obscure your music taste is that was pretty cool, had your top tracks and artists of all times or the last 6 weeks, I never really believed it though as it whacked Cabbage in my all time top 10 and I never listened to them that much (although I do like them). They used to send out emails as well with the info. The Fall always seem to top mine.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'll thank you to note that; 1) it came out only 10 years ago, 2) the version listed is the album version but I also have a second one on Payola, 3) this accounts for iTunes plays only and is unaffected by the many CD listens and ~20 times I've witnessed the Jarmans live.

Save your excuses LAWN, I want that up to 200 by the end of the week.

53 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

... Do I potentially mess up my youtube reccos by listening to it so I can judge that for myself?

Nah, I obviously don't, no way have the Strokes made a banger, nor will they ever.

I went through a long 'The Strokes are actually shit' phase in the aftermath of my NME reading, indie landfill years.

I was wrong, Is This It bangs

• Upvote 2