Kanye west confirmed

mike99

I'm not surprised Kanye's exhausted to the point of being ill, professionally he's launched a clothing line, TIDAL, a new album, started recording the Drake collab and signed Desiigner in the last year. Personally he's had to deal with a new child, Kim's robbery, the anniversary of his mom's death and I'm sure there are many things we don't know about. He should take a long break.

Edited by Alex DeLarge

12 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I'm not surprised Kanye's exhausted to the point of being ill, professionally he's launched a clothing line, TIDAL, a new album, started recording the Drake collab and signed Desiigner in the last year. Personally he's had to deal with a new child, Kim's robbery, the anniversary of his mom's death and I'm sure there are many things we don't know about. He should take a long break.

I dunno about the Drake collab - he says he has 50 songs with Kendrick, 50 songs with Thugger, Cold Summer? Turbo Grafx 16? If it isn't all talk and he does actually have all of this stuff going on then bloody hell does he need to put the breaks on.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I dunno about the Drake collab - he says he has 50 songs with Kendrick, 50 songs with Thugger, Cold Summer? Turbo Grafx 16? If it isn't all talk and he does actually have all of this stuff going on then bloody hell does he need to put the breaks on.

Bloody hell I forgot about all those haha. The only one I can realistically see happening now is the Drake collab when Kanye's recovered. The Kendrick and Thugger ones were obviously bullshit, Cold Summer might be completed by Push and Travi$? I never really know what to expect from Kanye.

The attention and defence this man gets on here from some is genuinely saddening. We should be better than this people.

35 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

My hairy arse. So hes done a years work (apparently), had a kid and had the anniversary of his mums death. Just like billions of other people. 

Anyone else on here have kids, a job and a deceased loved one?

Boo hoo. Fuck me.  

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The attention and defence this man gets on here from some is genuinely saddening. We should be better than this people.

My hairy arse. So hes done a years work (apparently), had a kid and had the anniversary of his mums death. Just like billions of other people. 

Boo hoo. Fuck me.  

This is how we feel about your weather comments.

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Boo hoo. Fuck me.  

Sorry you feel that way Nal, I was just saying considering he's gone to the hospital there's probably something medically wrong with the bloke. The thoughts that rich people can't be ill or sad aren't helpful, it takes a lot for someone to admit they need help (especially men who are stigmatised). I think he's a knobhead as well but I wish him the best of luck with recovery. 

Edited by Alex DeLarge
A word

I hope he gets better too. I can't imagine the stress hes under after launching his clothing line. Best way to help I reckon is to go buy a pair of his Yeezy sweatpants. He can put some of the $540 dollars towards his hospital care. 

On that note, I see Primark have launched a new range of Pokemon tshirts.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at Primark at this difficult time.

#PrayForPrimark

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I hope he gets better too. I can't imagine the stress hes under after launching his clothing line. Best way to help I reckon is to go buy a pair of his Yeezy sweatpants. He can put some of the $540 dollars towards his hospital care. 

You're right, rich people can't have issues. He should just think about being rich and the depression will go away.

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

On that note, I see Primark have launched a new range of Pokemon tshirts.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at Primark at this difficult time.

#PrayForPrimark

I've just spluttered coffee all over my desk. :lol:

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've just spluttered coffee all over my desk. :lol:

Ah, not just me then. I did much the same thing this morning when I heard that one of the Kardashian clan had said he's had an exhausting tour. Oh yes, I bet he sleeps in the back of a van, does 7 gigs a week.

To be honest I have never really got him at all, but maybe what I assumed was a surplus of arrogance over talent, has roots in some actual illness. If so, let's hope he comes back fixed, for the people who do get him. 

Wealth is relative. You could extend your logic to say nobody in the western world can be depressed or stressed because they don't have to walk 10 miles for water every day. Anyone can get a mental illness, don't stigmatise it even further by telling people who do that they need independently verified legitimate reasons.

• Upvote 15

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

Wealth is relative. You could extend your logic to say nobody in the western world can be depressed or stressed because they don't have to walk 10 miles for water every day. Anyone can get a mental illness, don't stigmatise it even further by telling people who do that they need independently verified legitimate reasons.

Well said, by the logic displayed in this thread Kurt Cobain must have been the happiest man alive.

4 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Sorry you feel that way Nal, I was just saying considering he's gone to the hospital there's probably something medically wrong with the bloke. The thoughts that rich people can't be ill or sad aren't helpful, it takes a lot for someone to admit they need help (especially men who are stigmatised). I think he's a knobhead as well but I wish him the best of luck with recovery. 

Yup, but there are plenty of rich musicians with similar issues that will still put the fans first. I'm very much a proponent of increasing the profile of and de-stigmatising mental illness - and the core tenet of that is that a mental illness is no different to any other illness. But then you look and see all the artists that played through illness and injury because "the show must go on". Because that's the job, and they value the fans. Like when the Foo's had to pull the tour last year, it was done with a heavy heart, and show where Grohl got injured - he finished out the gig in a chair. That's "being a rock star". 

Again, not to say Kanye is bad, but you pull shit like turning up late and ruining your own shows then you're just not top-tier. And that's fine. But it's part of the reason his "I'm the greatest living rock star" moment was such bullshit.

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yup, but there are plenty of rich musicians with similar issues that will still put the fans first. I'm very much a proponent of increasing the profile of and de-stigmatising mental illness - and the core tenet of that is that a mental illness is no different to any other illness. But then you look and see all the artists that played through illness and injury because "the show must go on". Because that's the job, and they value the fans. Like when the Foo's had to pull the tour last year, it was done with a heavy heart, and show where Grohl got injured - he finished out the gig in a chair. That's "being a rock star". 

Again, not to say Kanye is bad, but you pull shit like turning up late and ruining your own shows then you're just not top-tier. And that's fine. But it's part of the reason his "I'm the greatest living rock star" moment was such bullshit.

Nah man. The term of a 'rock star' is predicated upon unpredictable and careless behaviour. Yer man Grohly Grohl playing the entire show is an example of being professional but the antithesis of what Kanye was on about.

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I'm sure Kanye would rather have his own safety so he can be there for his children than go out every night to the determent of his health. Cobain, Ian Curtis and many others with mental illness have cancelled tours and shows due to not feeling well enough to perform, we've seen what happens when Kanye does try and perform in this state.