Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Where do you draw the line with his behaviour? Was the Sacramento incident excusable because of what happened last night? Because events that night weren’t that far off his usual behaviour i.e. turning up late and spending half the gig ranting about how he’s not giving the respect he’s deserved from his peers in music and fashion. This one is because he was on the edge of a breakdown but previously he was just an egotistical arse?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

that's the end of him replacing Trump in 2020, then. :P

The only thing which might be a surprise is why it's taken so long. I don't think it's been hidden that he's got a bit of a loose screw.

It hasn't, but this isn't really a 'beginning' as he's referenced being on meds for years alongside his erratic behaviour. Think it's just overcome him this time - can't say for sure obviously but I guess Kim's robbery shook him a bit.

Anyway, hope for a speedy recovery and its good that it's been addressed and he hasn't had too much pride to acknowledge things weren't right. 

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

whilst all of his outlandish behaviour obviously can't be attributed to this, there's definitely been something not right as of late so hoping he comes out of the end of it in a better mind frame

I can't see how his recent behaviour is any different to how it's always been. Self-obsessed, with only him as the righteous.

He is obviously in need of help & hopefully he will get it. Sunday was 9 years to the day that he buried his Mum in what was very shocking circumstances. He has also had to deal with Kim's robbery incident last month where he was obviously not around to "protect" his wife. Something may have been brewing for a very long time & this was all the straw that broke the camel's back. It doesn't excuse letting down fans but it may go some way to explain his increasingly erratic behaviour as of late. Fans from his gig Sunday & all upcoming dates which he has now cancelled have been given a full refund. Now that obviously won't be full compensation for everyone as people will have travelled/booked hotels etc but he hasn't just left everyone out of pocket entirely because he can't be arsed to tour anymore.
I am a fan, and I do find myself having to fight his corner continuously but you can't kick a man when he is down, especially over something like mental health issues. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

He is obviously in need of help & hopefully he will get it. Sunday was 9 years to the day that he buried his Mum in what was very shocking circumstances. He has also had to deal with Kim's robbery incident last month where he was obviously not around to "protect" his wife. Something may have been brewing for a very long time & this was all the straw that broke the camel's back. It doesn't excuse letting down fans but it may go some way to explain his increasingly erratic behaviour as of late. Fans from his gig Sunday & all upcoming dates which he has now cancelled have been given a full refund. Now that obviously won't be full compensation for everyone as people will have travelled/booked hotels etc but he hasn't just left everyone out of pocket entirely because he can't be arsed to tour anymore.

Which is all fine, but I'd say if you're that unreliable, because of perfectly understandable reasons regarding mental illness, then you can't exactly claim to be the world's greatest musician/performer/etc. It's not a purely creative field. Part of the job is reliability and consistency. Kanye can't offer that. And in much the same way, someone with a slightly dodgy leg is not going to be the world's greatest runner. Even if their form and everything else is world class.

That's not to say he's not good, but the ability to show up and do the job is just as important as the ability to create good music in the first place. At least if what you want to be is a touring musician.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Which is all fine, but I'd say if you're that unreliable, because of perfectly understandable reasons regarding mental illness, then you can't exactly claim to be the world's greatest musician/performer/etc. It's not a purely creative field. Part of the job is reliability and consistency. Kanye can't offer that. And in much the same way, someone with a slightly dodgy leg is not going to be the world's greatest runner. Even if their form and everything else is world class.

That's not to say he's not good, but the ability to show up and do the job is just as important as the ability to create good music in the first place. At least if what you want to be is a touring musician.

Quite possibly some sort of combination of hip hop braggadocio and mental health related psychotic symptoms combined with who knows what sorts of drugs or meds.  It certainly seems to have made him an erratic performer.

But in the studio, at least up until this year when it all seems to have been getting a bit much for him, he's been more or less untouchable. 

50 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

I am a fan, and I do find myself having to fight his corner continuously but you can't kick a man when he is down, especially over something like mental health issues. 

I'm sure the multi-millionaire has had it particularly hard. :P

I've sympathies for his issues, but I'm wetting myself at the claims of his behaviour having changed. There was never anything stable about his rants.