Kanye west confirmed

mike99

46 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Well the album is a mess but the good tracks are really good.

I've just read it described as Kanye's White Album, which is on point. It might be a little jagged but the payoff from the many immense songs is well worth it. I do think he had it with this tracklist but God knows the guy tried. Yeezy Yeezy Yeezy.

yeah the albums a bit of a cut and paste job in parts but god do i love it - never thought we'd be seeing an album of this length again from Kanye. got some absolute stormers on there. definitely glad he added to the album we heard at Madison Square Garden as he'd clearly missed some of the best songs from it (Waves, NMPILA and 30 Hours).

don't hate Facts as much as i did in the context of the album, either. as a standalone single that was the first thing we'd heard from him in some time it was a bit shite and a disappointment. as part of the album? it's alright

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah the albums a bit of a cut and paste job in parts but god do i love it - never thought we'd be seeing an album of this length again from Kanye. got some absolute stormers on there. definitely glad he added to the album we heard at Madison Square Garden as he'd clearly missed some of the best songs from it (Waves, NMPILA and 30 Hours).

don't hate Facts as much as i did in the context of the album, either. as a standalone single that was the first thing we'd heard from him in some time it was a bit shite and a disappointment. as part of the album? it's alright

Yeah I actually haven't minded it when listening to the full album, and it's been in my head more than any other track from it today. 

After 2 runs through I don't think much of Ultralight Beams and whatever the 2nd track is. From Famous onwards I love it though, these are the only 2 listens I've ever given to Facts and I was expecting it to be shit based on what people on here were saying but I really like it. I think 30 hours has been the big standout so far and I'd say he album as a whole is better than Yeezus

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Well I mean, it's a different song now to the one we've heard so of course you're gonna see it differently. I did find it better than before but still, every other song was better so I don't really think much about it.

I think Wolves is still meant to be the last song and NMPILA, Facts, 30 Hours and Fade are 'bonus tracks', if you will. In 30 Hours he starts doing crap shout outs and even says that it's a bonus track in the lyrics rather than the cut we had before which is a bit annoying. Such a fucking strong album though.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Wolves is still meant to be the last song and NMPILA, Facts, 30 Hours and Fade are 'bonus tracks', if you will. In 30 Hours he starts doing crap shout outs and even says that it's a bonus track in the lyrics rather than the cut we had before which is a bit annoying. Such a fucking strong album though.

yeah don't disagree with you on that one. i'm not gonna treat em as bonus tracks as two of them are undoubtedly two of the strongest things on there imo, but it definitely seems like that was probably his initial intention with them. more than happy with the album overall though - i was beginning to have my doubts along with everybody else, but we're safe for one more album at least. no major fuck ups yet, although as a whole this is the first time when his creative vision has seemed a bit muddled

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah don't disagree with you on that one. i'm not gonna treat em as bonus tracks as two of them are undoubtedly two of the strongest things on there imo, but it definitely seems like that was probably his initial intention with them. more than happy with the album overall though - i was beginning to have my doubts along with everybody else, but we're safe for one more album at least. no major fuck ups yet, although as a whole this is the first time when his creative vision has seemed a bit muddled

Yeah - I'd say three including Fade, which I can't quite understand why it got taken out so late. I played through it a few times with the Waves tracklisting I posted up the page (Nina Chop I'm assuming is 'Famous' from the Nina Simone sample) and I do think it works better and cuts out most of the crap, however I'm more for keeping it how the artist wants so maybe just for treats I'll do that playlist.

I think we'll be waiting a long long time until the next album. It took so long to do this one that I think he won't be rushing to follow it up and will probably just work on fashion and stuff in the meantime. I suppose it's the wait for live shows that starts now - I'm quite glad he's not looking like doing a festival in the UK this summer as I would like to see him in an arena or something amongst fans of the music and doing a proper live setup.