Kanye west confirmed

mike99

That was absolute shit. I love his albums but it says just a piss poor performance. And I was right at the front of the crowd and I'm pretty sure most of us felt the same.

He was my most anticipated act so I'm very let down. Good thing the rest of the weekend has been amazing.

Dave Grohl was bang on. It was either going to go one way or the other. And it appears the masses have spoken and agree it was utter shite. 

Long needless pauses, Auto-tune garbage, lack of live music, restarting tracks, cutting others short, embarrassing cherry picker gimmick, ruined a Queen classic & Serious lack of special guests.

Worst headliner I have ever seen. Even worse than Gorrilaz (which I walked away from in 2010)

Dave Grohl was bang on. It was either going to go one way or the other. And it appears the masses have spoken and agree it was utter shite. 

Long needless pauses, Auto-tune garbage, lack of live music, restarting tracks, cutting others short, embarrassing cherry picker gimmick, ruined a Queen classic & Serious lack of special guests.

Worst headliner I have ever seen. Even worse than Gorrilaz (which I walked away from in 2010)

Why does everyone on here hate gorillaz 2010 set so much? I had a fucking fantastic night that night! Tonight definitely was the worst pyramid headline show that I've witnessed.

Why does everyone on here hate gorillaz 2010 set so much? I had a fucking fantastic night that night! Tonight definitely was the worst pyramid headline show that I've witnessed.

Visually it was great. However it just didn't get going enough for me. It was boring and not worthy of headline set (even as a late replacement)

However that tonight was new levels of bad.

I loved Gorillaz in 2010 thought it was great when I was there loved the show and the guests and the band were practically music royalty. but I recently watched the whole set again and it does seem my memory forgot a lot of the longer album tracks and orchestral numbers.

Tonight however if you take away the light show and cherry picker it was like watching a former chart star go through the motions on stage at a cheap student union night. Complaining at the do for starting tracks at the wrong point and messing around with a sampler to seem edgy like a Tim Westwood dj set

My son, who didn't come this year - work - decidedto give him at least a try out and watch him on the tele .

He described him as boring shouty autotune......

But the best was that my son had the subtitles on the tele.

He posted a photo to FB showing that the beeb gave up on that and just captioned "he raps".

I did Spiritualised and Arcadia and had a thoroughly good time

Edited by airwaves

Seen some utter tripe wrote online especially by the American music media. A few suggesting the Glastonbury crowd will never truely welcome black artists on the pyramid. Two best sets this weekend Lionel and Pharrell, the pyramid lapped them up.

Poor journalism, Kanye bombed because he let his ego cloud judgement when picking his set list / order. Unlike Jay Z he failed to research the festival and what it is about.

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

really? i thought it was great

I just find it mind bogglingly dull, totally uninspired. Maybe if the whole 'old school hip hop' thing appeals to you, but I much preferred the Kanye who would look to craft new and exciting sounds rather than turning over tracks like this that are totally devoid of anything notable or interesting.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

I just find it mind bogglingly dull, totally uninspired. Maybe if the whole 'old school hip hop' thing appeals to you, but I much preferred the Kanye who would look to craft new and exciting sounds rather than turning over tracks like this that are totally devoid of anything notable or interesting.

i think the beat/production are absolutely fantastic (but i'm all about the old school hip hop sound) and being such a big fan of both rappers it's great to hear them go head to head

was half expecting another snippet at the end of this song to give us a taste of what we'll be getting this Friday (if he still keeps to the Friday thing - didn't even manage it two weeks in)