Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Ronnie Wood has spoken about it!

Ronnie Wood Speaking to The Mirror

Ronnie said: "Its bloody ridiculous that Kanye is the headline act this year. It p****s me off so I try not to think about it too much.

"Glastonbury is the home of rock music and, look, Kanye isnt rock.

"Hes a great entertainer and he knows how to captivate an audience with all his swearing, but when it comes to what that festival is about, its the wrong choice."

He added: "Good luck to the man I dont know if hell survive when hes on that stage.

"People who go there for rock music are starting to get very angry about all these rappers and RnB singers taking over."

Go Ronnie!!

Lots of people thought the commercial machine that is Rolling Stones shouldn't headline Glastonbury either - if anything Rolling Stones and Kanye are very similar.

so ... do we think the petition of 100,000+ people saying "we hate Kanye" is going to lessen the chance of a Kanye rant, or increase it?

I'm going for the 2nd myself.

Last time I saw that he managed to clear half the audience from the field.

I was thinking about this over the weekend

I think the number of people signing that petition is directly proportional to how long his rant will be

Which is exactly what could ruin his performance and give the people who signed it proof of what they may have thought all along!

The best thing he could do is rattle off all the hits and prove them wrong

i don't really like the song, but i'd love if he did Stronger with a compilation of loads of fb/petition comments on the screen behind him

"N-now th-that that don't kill me
Can only make me stronger
I need you to hurry up now
Cause I can't wait much longer
I know I got to be right now
Cause I can't get much wronger
Man I've been waiting all night now
That's how long I been on ya"

Daft Punk appearance optional.

I was thinking about this over the weekend

I think the number of people signing that petition is directly proportional to how long his rant will be

Which is exactly what could ruin his performance and give the people who signed it proof of what they may have thought all along!

The best thing he could do is rattle off all the hits and prove them wrong

Seen Kanye a few times

One of the best was a none rant concert (rare nowadays). I think it was part of the late registration tour and he had negative quotes from reviews and social media on a screen scrolling in the background while he performed. He should do that at Glastonbury, a silent rant.

After Ronnie Wood's outburst, Mick Taylor has just approved the booking of Mik Artistik to play the Fluffy Rock Cafe, while Charlie Watts has just confirmed that he thinks that Pieminister should move back to its location next to the Brothers Bar.

How dare he it's an outrage! I really hope there's a petition started I much prefer the caterers with the tasty hot chilli offerings over pies!

In fairness people used to go to Glastonbury to get away from the sort of people that like Kanye west, Beyonce, Taylor swift etc

Unfortunately the festival is full of the c**ts now, hence why a lot of the magic is gone.

I like them. Do you think I'm a c**t who's ruined your festival?

he has 2 ways of dealing with this backlash and let's be honest, what a fucking backlash it has been, a petition calling for him not to play, signed by 126,000 people :sarcastic:

1) He comes out, no ranting, no petulance and fucking smashes it with a great show and a great set list

2) He comes out and fulfils peoples expectations of him being a c**t and rants like fuck at least once

I just cant believe that he wont go for the second option, he just cant help himself.

he has 2 ways of dealing with this backlash and let's be honest, what a fucking backlash it has been, a petition calling for him not to play, signed by 126,000 people :sarcastic:

1) He comes out, no ranting, no petulance and fucking smashes it with a great show and a great set list

2) He comes out and fulfils peoples expectations of him being a c**t and rants like fuck at least once

I just cant believe that he wont go for the second option, he just cant help himself.

aye the second option seems far more likely. he's not one for taking the high ground. i've no doubt that his performance will be great, but you'd be a fool to think that this petition / the negativity won't be mentioned a fair few times throughout the set

Does he have a sense of humour? It seemed to me that Jay Z handled it well, as did Metallica by having a laugh at what had been said (you may not have found it funny etc.), turning the joke onto the people who had said stuff about them.

Given his reputation for a good old fashioned rant, I'm not sure Kanye would go down that path.

After Ronnie Wood's outburst, Mick Taylor has just approved the booking of Mik Artistik to play the Fluffy Rock Cafe, while Charlie Watts has just confirmed that he thinks that Pieminister should move back to its location next to the Brothers Bar.

Mick and Charlie are not wrong there though!

It will probably be received in a similar way to your posts on here...

'Oh fuck, that idiot is rambling on about irrelevant shite again, I wish he'd shut the fuck up'

Or something to that effect.

:lol: