Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Dre has the flow but but thats only becuase other, less succesful mc's have written everything for him. I haven't ever given MF Doom a real go, have some of his albums but never really given them a thorough listening, I just always end up returning to 36 Chambers in all honesty - nothing that I listen to ever beats that for me from a hip hop perspective.

Ha, 36 Chambers is great. Give MF Doom a go though, Mm... Food? is pretty good and Madvillainy is one of my favourite hip hop albums.

I wonder how much easier it will be for anyone who needs a ticket in the resale, if they announced nothing else until after then so the only names we have is Foo's and Kanye. It has caused a bit of a stir.

did the Eavi respond in any way to the Metallica petition last year? this is gonna be a thing every year now, isn't it? (well, every year that one of the headliners isn't your average guitar led band)

I really hope not, and I also hope - and assume - that they'll ignore this one too. Beneath their dignity to even stoop to respond to it.

I am finding most of the criticism of Kanye's booking infuriating; mostly because it's from people who have no idea what they are talking about.

I should ignore it really given that it's largely coming from people who have never been to Glastonbury and probably never will.

The laziness of the criticism is particularly annoying e.g. "get a rock band instead". There will be PLENTY of rock bands elsewhere on the bill. Jay Z's booking is now largely seen as a game changer for Glastonbury and for festivals in general - hip hop can now headline. That was SEVEN years ago and Glastonbury hasn't booked another hip hop headliner since - no point opening the doors if you never use them again!

People who say "it's just noise" or "it's not music" are the worst. I cannot believe there are people who still refuse to accept hip hop as music. Sure, it may not be your thing but to fail to see any objective artistry or musical merit in it is unfathomable to me.

Kanye is one of today's truly great innovators in music. Each album he makes is different to the one before; for better or for worse, he pushes himself to try new things and challenge his own abilities. It doesn't always work but it is always exciting. People who have described him as merely a "celebrity" and not a "musician" are obviously ignorant to the almost unrivalled passion he has for his music. Sometimes it makes him seem egotistical but when you hear him talk about his work you can see that he's not just going through the motions - he puts everything he has into each record. To say he is less of an artist than the Foo Fighters is outdated nonsense.

Wow, this guy is a special sort of moron.

It angers me that this tool feels he can speak on behalf of everyone going, especially as he's never been! It's utterly pathetic to wail and cry like that.

I'm looking forward to Kanye. If nothing else it'll be a spectacle.

It's only just hit me that we'll be sharing the same space with this guy. Imagine wandering round Glastonbury knowing you're the guy who actively tried to get an act thrown off the bill because you didn't like them.

Thou shalt know him by his banter. He'll be at the centre of a crowd, whirling in a self-initiated vortex of top bantz.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/kanye-west-glastonbury-petition#.wrBlj8XLA

Neil is intending to keep his ticket, regardless, and offered some thoughts on an ideal line-up.

Of course I’ll keep it. There is so much to see in a festival, that I’ll have a great time regardless of whether Kanye headlines. I’m sure we coulda got Fleetwood Mac for the same price. They’re still free that weekend, by the way.

Dream line-up? - Blur, Libertines, Cure, Oasis, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones, Green Day, Springsteen, Jack White, Muse maybe?

#lads

#bantz