Kanye west confirmed

mike99

So you disrespect a band for being metal then expect respect for someone you like?......how many did the black album.sell? Oh yes only metal fans got it.....

Lol

As for kanye no mate its this artist in particular I don't not like kanye because I'm not Into rap....raps fine...kanye is an egotistical boring cockwomble however....so enough assumptions :P

How did I disrespect Metallica? Get a bit prickly ickle penguin there?

I'll be going to see him bar a nastly clash. Good luck to the fella! Everyone moaning needs to have some clarity of mind, even if your not going to see him you will be at the most talked about festival of the year by a country mile. For that reason, I can understand the booking and IMO I believe the organisers made a brave, yet shrewd decision.

I spent some time listening to MBDTF as it was on most peoples end of year lists in 2010 rated very highly. After listening to it half a dozen times I came to the conclusion that the record is highly polished, well produced, good hooks, good beats and background.

It was Kanyes voice that ruined it. His whiny nasal drone just turns me off.

Didn't The same thing happen when Mr Jay Zed was announced...

Not that I saw his headline set, but I believe it went rather well for him.... Heres wishing Mr West a fine time as Pyramid Headliner.

Despite being a hiphop head, Neither Jay Z nor Kanye float my boat. The only thing Kanye appears to make the headlines for are his "contorversial" outbursts, and ramblings and rantings at headline events.... I sincerely hope that those who do go to see him on the Pyramid will not be witness to a performance to forget... I cant remember the last time I made the effort to see a Pyramid Headliner, and this year will be no exception. West Holts is usually a big Party On the Saturday Night, and you'll fine me there :)

It will be said above and below this post throughouht this massive thread, there's lots to see and do elsewhere, and those who've been before will know this. Its not ALL about the headliners. The first timers (hopefully) who go this year will get it when they leave at the end of the festival. You all know this.

Let's be a little more inclusive

NFR NFC

Given that Glastonbury should be trying to book the biggest available acts for the headline slots, you can't argue with someone of his stature headlining.

I'd say you can. He couldn't sell out Big Chill - and it died after the year he played.

Having said that, I've no doubts he'll be more popular than Metallica were last year.

I'd say you can. He couldn't sell out Big Chill - and it died after the year he played.

Having said that, I've no doubts he'll be more popular than Metallica were last year.

I don't remember the reaction when Metallica were announced being quite so... heated. And they seem to have gone down better than expected with the crowd? But then again, I'm a bias Metallica fan.

Because no one really cared. Which isn't necessarily a good thing for a festival headliner.

I suppose you see what you want to see. All my friends were mega excited, reaction online didn't seem as bad as I expected, saw a lot of Metallica shirts at glasto and they had a pretty large crowd. I'm sure non metallica fans saw different to me.

With kanye I've seen a hell of a lot of negative reaction - my friends are furious (some seem to think Glasto should cater especially to their tastes).

But I agree, he'll be much more popular with a fan base than Metallica - How popular he stays with the crowd during his set is anohter thing though.

I am happy Glastonbury are keeping their headliners interesting, not recycling the same old bands like all the other festival.

I suppose you see what you want to see. All my friends were mega excited, reaction online didn't seem as bad as I expected, saw a lot of Metallica shirts at glasto and they had a pretty large crowd. I'm sure non metallica fans saw different to me.

With kanye I've seen a hell of a lot of negative reaction - my friends are furious (some seem to think Glasto should cater especially to their tastes).

But I agree, he'll be much more popular with a fan base than Metallica - How popular he stays with the crowd during his set is anohter thing though.

I am happy Glastonbury are keeping their headliners interesting, not recycling the same old bands like all the other festival.

this really, there arent that many headliners left at least they are trying to do different stuff

Actual comment on the anti-Kanye West petition:

"Kanye is a horrifying dullard and will destroy Glastonbury. I suggest you book KISS immediately and salvage your reputations"

• tyrone wade LONDONDERRY, UNITED KINGDOM
    • less than a minute ago
    • Liked 0

Kanye really? Get like fallout boy or panic at the disco there foo fighters, kaiser cheifs, imagine dragons the killers

Really? Metallica spawned and were the front runners of an entire genre(thrash metal) they then crossed over to the mainstream and back again, still sell out the world over and have been going now for over 30 years.......in 30 years if kanye is still even making music let alone known for having such a legacy ill print out a copy of this post and eat it. That is a funny comparison says the penguin :P

Kanye has been doing big things in hip-hop for 15 years already. You're sounding worse than the Metallica hater's you we're slagging off. Get a grip of yourself really, whether you like him or not is irrelevant. Sure he didn't invent hip hop, but he's still influential. Metallica may of been the front runners of thrash but lets not forget they basically started by just ripping of Diamond Head, and only became the band they are once they started going for a more commercial sound. You'll never hear a proper metal fan refer to their favourite Metallica album as anything post Justice would you? Metallica's most groundbreaking (and in my opinion best) music is not what they are famous for.