Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Ah man, how much I've enjoyed this reaction by 'the internet' and some of the posters on here. I'd have contributed last night but I was having so much fun reading them.

I'm expecting it to be West and family with Big Sean being around that time (props to Dentalplan for calling this last week!!!). Jay did his spot sans special guests as did Kanye at Coachella (I think, except for that Bon Iver dude maybe). Reckon we'll have a load of guests.this time.

I'm not even 100% sure I'll see all of him. I'll defo be there for a bit but got a feeling that it'll be clash central after having a very poor choice last Saturday. I've seen him 3 times and while it could go both ways, I expect he'll know the enormity of the event and the effect it can have on his career to pull this one off.

oh yes because all great talents have to autotune the crap out of their music and put more focus on their egotisitical rants then their album releases..........the guys a fraud...you want good hip hop we had it last year with public enemy...kanye is the complete polar opposite to that, commercal boring pap hop haha

ah, there it is! the completely pathetic 'music in my time was better than yours' argument. public enemy were at their peak 27 years ago mate, get some perspective. people have moved on.

and since when are PE some underground 'non-commercial' rap group? they sold millions.

Edited by majormajormajor

anyway enough from me folks........kanye for president!.....of a distant planet with little oxygen so the local population are spared his ego rants.......he is the mariah carey of hip hop...and nothing more

later fans! your beautiful! :)

always loved people launching these relentless tirades on message boards attempting to project some sort of holier than thou/faux-moral superiority... liberally littered with bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

Edited by majormajormajor

oh yes because all great talents have to autotune the crap out of their music and put more focus on their egotisitical rants then their album releases..........the guys a fraud...you want good hip hop we had it last year with public enemy...kanye is the complete polar opposite to that, commercal boring pap hop haha

Public Enemy played last year?

Do I like Kanye West as an artist - No

Do I want to watch him at GF - No

Do I respect others who do like him - Yes

Do I respect others who want to watch him at GF - Yes

If he a current (comtemporary) star worthy of such a booking - Yes

Do I hope for those who want to watch him there are no idiots trying to ruin it - Hell Yes

One act, one stage, 2 hours. So much else to see and do why would I get annoyed by it?

• Upvote 2

Do I hope for those who want to watch him there are no idiots trying to ruin it - Hell Yes

One act, one stage, 2 hours. So much else to see and do why would I get annoyed by it?

Today's eFests has been brought to you by the word 'perspective', the letters M-A-T-T and the numbers 1, 9, 6 and 5.

• Upvote 1

ah, there it is! the completely pathetic 'music in my time was better than yours' argument. public enemy were at their peak 27 years ago mate, get some perspective. people have moved on.

and since when are PE some underground 'non-commercial' rap group? they sold millions.

I bet he cannot name three albums by them. Same old shit by those who don't want to come across as hating on a genre, especially a minority genre.

I just don't get the people complaining. Of course I think that Kanye West is asshole and I am not interested in him, but am I mad? No, (black) jesus. Why? There are like 30 stages with other bands. Where there will be fewer people and I will have a chance to be in front of the stage? Yeah, I am all for it :)

Did I say they were good because they were an older act? No! Did I say they were good because they were non commercial? No! So wind ya neck in and stop putting words in my mouth lad, I simply used public enemy as an example of what I consider to be good hip hop.......the polar opposite to Kanye, lyrically, musically and in attitude......I don't give a fuck what era they were from or how many albums they've sold, they were groundbreaking Kanye simply isn't.......got any other grief to fling based on something I didn't actually say? This penguins a before caffeine penguin.....I'm out of coffee.......you wouldn't like me when I'm out of coffee........ :P

You know you're not a real penguin don't you?

List me 10 hip hop albums you like and I'll try and remove this pathetic angry mosh metaller persona that I may have stereotypically straightjacketed you with.

i think we'll definitely have the rest of the lineup before the final payment date, but if not i seriously think a lot of people will be putting their tickets back in to the pot over this. people are idiots, and this has clearly pissed off a lot of idiots

This. I'm no fan of KW, but as a way to filter out the idiots it is genius. Frankly they should be thinking about who to book next year on that basis.

Not a booking for me, but frankly there's never been a year where all 3 Pyramid headliners have been to my taste, so not going to gripe about someone I don't like playing at the festival.

If I had searched first instead of accusing you, I would have said I agree with every word.

Edited by lazyred

I'm of the impression that a festival of contemporary performing arts needs to book the very best contemporary performing artists.

Like him or not or even his music or not he is undisputedly one of, if not the most hyped, innovative, controversial and successful artists in the world right now.

I'm not a fan of his music simply because hip hop is not my thing so I'll be elsewhere very happily watching something I enjoy immensely. But if he is your thing then you go enjoy it, I'm sure he'll put on one hell of a show for you.

Great booking in my opinion.

Regardless if you like Kanye and his music or not .. Surely this booking is more exciting than a festival plodding band (Arctics/KoL/Kasabian etc).

Granted I prefer the music of the ones I've bracketed but I'm looking forward to seeing something different on the Pyramid.

Regardless if you like Kanye and his music or not .. Surely this booking is more exciting than a festival plodding band (Arctics/KoL/Kasabian etc).

Granted I prefer the music of the ones I've bracketed but I'm looking forward to seeing something different on the Pyramid.

It has got people talking. I like the idea of controversial bookings, even when I can't stand the artist personally, just for the fact that it gets people talking about the festival and what it represents. Whether Mr West "gets it" remains to be seen, if he turns up and shows love for the festival I'm sure any talk of suitability would soon be forgotten as it was with J Zed.

Also, I don't give a flying one if an artist is the biggest arse or greatest guy in the world. How many can say hand on heart that there music collection is made up only of the good guys ?

If somebody makes a record and it's great then I'll go buy it and hopefully catch them live. I don't do a quick personality background check beforehand.