Kanye west confirmed

mike99

jay z booking nearly floored glastonbury's invincible status, but they did sell out eventually, and he turned it into a triumph (by all accounts). Metallica were lauded in some circles and dispised in others - I thought it was fantastic and everything that a rock fan could hope for.. Kanye is neither expected or safe...

But if Elton John or the Eagles were a suprise announcement no doubt we would get the same 'marmite' reactions...

I may (or may not) show up to see him.. but hey glastonbury isn't it.. so I will go with flow and see what else pops up..

By the way good to see mike99 back... agreed

It's not the music that bothers me. It's not the genre that bothers me. I don't expect three headliners I like, hell, I don't WANT three headliners I like. What's bothering me is it's him. The man's a c**t.

He's not the first musician to be a c**t. Sure won't be the last.

Arguably the most critically acclaimed artist of his genre. That do?

That's better, because it introduces the possibility that it's an opinion rather than fact, and narrows down the spectrum, but my point is that this whole 'one of the most' thing is still ultimately meaningless because you could make that case for anyone. He is, but it's used as some sort of prove or explanation of his status, popularity or credibility where in reality it doesn't prove anything. It's a cop-out phrase.

People have not paid their balances yet

(I don't think it will matter, but still)

i think we'll definitely have the rest of the lineup before the final payment date, but if not i seriously think a lot of people will be putting their tickets back in to the pot over this. people are idiots, and this has clearly pissed off a lot of idiots

• Upvote 2

At first I thought whatttttttt noooooooooo...

And then I thought oooohhhhhh big Other HL.......

Then I thought naaaaaaahhhhhh....... Could actually be phenomenal. Can't think of anyone as big as, to play THE BIGGEST fest in the world right now. Just have a funny feeling him on the Pyramid is going to be something special.

(and I like old Kanye)

jay z booking nearly floored glastonbury's invincible status, but they did sell out eventually, and he turned it into a triumph (by all accounts). Metallica were lauded in some circles and dispised in others - I thought it was fantastic and everything that a rock fan could hope for.. Kanye is neither expected or safe...

But if Elton John or the Eagles were a suprise announcement no doubt we would get the same 'marmite' reactions...

I may (or may not) show up to see him.. but hey glastonbury isn't it.. so I will go with flow and see what else pops up..

By the way good to see mike99 back... agreed

Nah, we wouldn't. People claim they want diverse acts but really most would be happy with the same sad, bloated fucks being wheeled out year after year.

• Upvote 1

That's better, because it introduces the possibility that it's an opinion rather than fact, and narrows down the spectrum, but my point is that this whole 'one of the most' thing is still ultimately meaningless because you could make that case for anyone. He is, but it's used as some sort of prove or explanation of his status, popularity or credibility where in reality it doesn't prove anything. It's a cop-out phrase.

Sorry, I'm still not sure you understand what critical acclaim means.

It's not an option that he's critically acclaimed. It's an option that the acclaim was misplaced, but not that it was there.

Jay Z, Kanye, Beyonce, Rita Ora, Kylie

Jay z's friends sure love glastonbury

Expect rihanna and JT to play very soon

(I'm kinda joking and I'm kinda not), but I can see Kanye jumping to do glastonbury after seeing the success of JAY and Beyonce

I'm pretty pleased about this one! I think he'll pull off an incredibly awesome set! I don't really know about his music but he's so big within the rap industry and a deserved headliner.

Solid headliners for me so far! I have very very little to complain about.