Kanye west confirmed

mike99

I am a big fan of Kanye on record but have never seen him live so looking forward to it. Not sure how popular he really is in the UK as many seem to know him less for his excellent music and more for being a helmet/Kim Kardashians husband.

Everybody knows Gold Digger and his cover of Daft Punks cover of a song I can't remember who originally made.

His more recent work seems to have passed me by, though I do appreciate he is popular even if it isn't my thing

Bit disappointed with this in all honesty.

At least Jay-Z was a bit of an interesting booking. Kanye's 'rants' just aren't suited to Glastonbury IMO. Then what are we left with? The autotuned shite which makes up his new music.

I'm not denying he has a few very well known songs, but musically I'm not convinced. If Glastonbury start booking based on who's the biggest celebrity, we're in trouble.

Jay-Z hasn't done anything interesting musically for years.

• Upvote 2

I do have to wonder what is going through the minds of the people who seem actively furious and offended by the booking. Genuinely bizarre.

people who have let the media's portrayal of him cloud their judgement. most people don't even think of his music when they get furious; just the Kardashian link, his rants, his ego etc

I do have to wonder what is going through the minds of the people who seem actively furious and offended by the booking. Genuinely bizarre.

I most agree, it's not as if every single time he plays live he goes off on one, he will know the magnitude of the slot he his playing, I have absolutely no doubts(prepared to look stupid in a few months) that he will absolutely nail it, big production, special guests, packing field chanting his classics, if he respects the occasion it'll be unforgettable

Can someone copy and paste some of the outraged messages from Facebook?

OMG this has to be a wind up... WHAT AN EPIC FAIL THIS 1 IS.. Jay z was a proven artist who consistently produces good music.. This guy is just a knob... Gettin like v fest in the lineup choices now

That's gonna be one empty pyramid crowd

So happy I didn't get a ticket this year (this one x one million

My first time at Glasto and you book that prick! Disappointed!

Bunch of toffs in a field getting covered in clarts and wearing wellies. I'd rather sit in my garden with some cans blasting the radio

Shame, worst of all he did a duet with Chris Martin