North East Music Festivals

DGrant261

Just read this article http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/150312c.shtmland it seems a real shame.

Particularly this bit However, to show how hard it is to make this kind of event viable, neither Evolution Festival (Newcastle) nor Stockton Calling (Teesside) will take place this year and that's a real shame for music lovers in the North East."

Done some digging and whilst it doesn't have much of a online presence but Stockton Calling appears to be going ahead this year. Have I missed some information saying it's been cancelled? Also Evolution declared that it had 'paused' last year, with no evidence of their being a return in 2015, however no confirmation of this. Is it safe to assume it won't be coming back?

There has been some confusion about Stockton Calling 2015, but it IS going ahead. There was another "festival" called "Stockton Weekender" which will NOT be going ahead this year (or ever again by the sound of it). Sunderland's "Split Festival" has also been binned.

By my reckoning the nearest festivals are Deer Shed and Willowman (both in North Yorkshire) and Kendal Calling in Cumbria? I guess for some Northumbrians Wickerman is near-ish?

Done some digging and whilst it doesn't have much of a online presence but Stockton Calling appears to be going ahead this year. Have I missed some information saying it's been cancelled? Also Evolution declared that it had 'paused' last year, with no evidence of their being a return in 2015, however no confirmation of this. Is it safe to assume it won't be coming back?

I've amended the quote to Weekender in the hope of clearing up the confusion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...