Questions that you don't feel deserve their own thread

klipper

Anyone got any idea how long it'll take to get from the other stage to the park on Sunday night at around 10:30? (wondering if I'm going to be able to catch 45 minutes of chems but the majority of Ryan Adams). I know there's that table with predicted times but it surely varies with the timing of walks etc

If it's during a set it should be fairly straight forward. The park is the next stage up from the other so the route is pretty straight forward. I'd say 15 mins ish to allow some park manoeuvre time. I don't know how busy Ryan Adams will be though and all traffic to the park funnels up a narrowing walk way before widening so that could be a pinch point.

Edited by Peroni

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any idea how long it'll take to get from the other stage to the park on Sunday night at around 10:30? (wondering if I'm going to be able to catch 45 minutes of chems but the majority of Ryan Adams). I know there's that table with predicted times but it surely varies with the timing of walks etc

If you watch the Chems from towards the back right (as you look at the stage) then its easy to get on to the railway line and on up the path through Pennards. I would say maximum 10 mins as long as you don't get distracted on the way!

I've got a Glasgow coach package with see and was wondering if anyone thought I'd have trouble jumping on one of the bristol coaches on the Monday. Want to stay in Bristol to visit a friend and have a bit of a rest before tackling the journey home! Thanks for any advice!

alexwetherell, that really is the "how long is a piece of string?" question. It will depend on the weather, how many other festivalgoers are also trying to use the service and what the traffic is like for the shuttle. Your best to make plans to be at the Gate A bus point by no later than 12:30 to be on the safe side.

Hi All, I'm staying CVE this year, and i know the field officially opens at 1200hrs. If i arrive around 10am, what happens? Do they queue you up on the road outside? Are you turned away? And do they often end up opening the fields early?

I see people referring to the SE corner and bottlenecks etc...can someone elaborate on this please.

Is the SE corner where Arcadia and The Park are? (I'm just going by the map here) and where exactly do the queues/bottlenecks happen?

Thanks

The South east corner is shangri-la. There is a queuing system to get in there through Bella's field later on in the evening, the queuing system basically consists of ever decreasing barrier widths to slow people down. Once you get into the south east corner the main thoroughfare can be pretty congested.

The South east corner is shangri-la. There is a queuing system to get in there through Bella's field later on in the evening, the queuing system basically consists of ever decreasing barrier widths to slow people down. Once you get into the south east corner the main thoroughfare can be pretty congested.

Ok I get you, thanks

Got west and east mixed up :)

Don't think anyone except you can answer that? It's a judgement call based on how valuable the phone is to you, and how likely you think you are to lose or damage it.

If your phone is a couple of years old and originally cost 20 quid, then any insurance is likely to be more hassle than its worth

If your phone was new last week and cost 700 quid, then it might be a bit more viable

Am I right in believing you can get free fire wood at the festival? If so, where?

once the woods gone from the fields you can but sweedish candle logs from james in the Croissant Neuf Field...

I'm getting the 2.30pm train from paddington to castle cary on weds...will i need to get there really early? I've seen on here that there can be queues and my ticket only lets me get on that one!!

Also (roughly) I've never got the train before... can anyone give me a super rough time that I'll arrive actually into the festival using the shuttle bus? (get to Castle cary about 4,20pm)

Thanks in advance :D

All over the place, you cant miss the long drops, they are green with clanging doors. The compost loos were everywhere too, these tend to be raised up with colourful sides.

All over the place, you cant miss the long drops, they are green with clanging doors. The compost loos were everywhere too, these tend to be raised up with colourful sides.

I'm looking at the map, and trying to work it out.  Are the toilet symbols a muddle of all types of the loo's?  The girlfriend has a huge portaloo phobia, and working out where to camp we want to aim for some of the others

There were some portaloos in the middle of Dairy last year, but longdrops round the edges, theres usually portallos in oxlyers and by the jp. But usually othrr facilities not too far away.

I've got the train home every year since 2007. It's really variable, but in general you're best to either go early or leave it till the afternoon.

If you go in the afternoon do you definitely manage to get on the train you want or is it still too busy? If I miss the 3.55 there's no more my way till nearly 7pm...

Long Drop

Green metal doors, distinctive clang. Group of cubicles over a large pit*... find it hard not to look in to be honest. Open to the elements as no roof.

*There used to also be a variant called "high drops" which are as above but reached by steps as the pit is above ground. But I've seen less of these as replaced by Composters

http://wwwdottheporcelaingentlemandotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/glasto-loo-4.jpg

High Drop

http://i.thelocalpeople.co.uk/275649/Article/images/5106089/1709200.jpg

Composters

Patterned sides. Often steps up to the cubicles. You use a cup of compost to "flush" after use. Less smelly (apparently)

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276309/Article/images/21247811/6217206-large.jpg

Edited by Peroni

Hi All, I'm staying CVE this year, and i know the field officially opens at 1200hrs. If i arrive around 10am, what happens? Do they queue you up on the road outside? Are you turned away? And do they often end up opening the fields early?

Hi all - Can anyone comment on this? I have the same question and I can't find an answer anywhere! Is it worth turning up before noon? Any tips on getting a good spot when arriving early? Thx