Questions that you don't feel deserve their own thread

klipper

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the answers

Okay, so if me and my friends arrive the festival at around 830 am on wednesday, would we likely get a spot at pennards or oxlyers/how long does it take to get through the gate into the festival?

Honestly, there's no right answer to those questions.

It depends on how much space you're after, how you arrive, via what gate, and any number of factors that are unpredictable and out of your control. When it comes to specifics, precedent means nothing as the car park / gate / queue situations all vary year to year.

A couple of questions here. If I fly into Bristol, what would be the cheapest way to get to the site.

I’m guessing it’s the bus to Temple Meads, then get a train to Castle Cary. Is that right? Or is there anything to get direct from the airport.

Also, if I was making my way to the site from the airport, any suggestions where to go for booze?

Cheers

I’m guessing it’s the bus to Temple Meads, then get a train to Castle Cary. Is that right? Or is there anything to get direct from the airport.

There's normally a bus from Temple Meads http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-train/

You might find some National Express routes from the airport?

A couple of questions here. If I fly into Bristol, what would be the cheapest way to get to the site.

Im guessing its the bus to Temple Meads, then get a train to Castle Cary. Is that right? Or is there anything to get direct from the airport.

Also, if I was making my way to the site from the airport, any suggestions where to go for booze?

Cheers

What I've done in the past is use the lift share form and arranged at share a taxi with 2 or 3 others stopping on Shelton mallet for booze en route works out much the same coat as into Bristol and out to the site. Or get the Bristol flyer into Bristol bus station, pop out to get your booze then back and get a festival bus out to site. Taxi is easiest

Edited by donthaveacoolname

Cheers all for the info. The plan is to show up early (arriving at the festival around 8/830, gate d) and try and get a spot at pennard hill or the park side of oxlyers, if they're both full then we're pretty happy to settle for Dairy Ground (tbh we're gona have the best weekend ever no matter where we're camping)

Hi Waap

Yes, lots of times.

Yes, but it got busier last year because of Arcadia. Filled up about 12pm on wednesday last year

Yes, as long as you don't mind Arcadia

Edited by bexj

• 2 weeks later...

Are the festival going to have EE festival bar exchange in 2015?

Quite possibly but the general consensus here last year was that you're better off spending that £20 on a charger that will charge a smartphone 5+ times without you having to leave the tent, and is much more useful after the fest, eg http://www.amazon.co.uk/16000mAh-Portable-External-Technology-Motorola-Black/dp/B00D5T3QK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427208194&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+16000

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Is the piano bar open Weds/Thurs?

How quickly does the side of big ground bordering muddy lane fill up? Is there any non-family camping to the east of muddy lane?

Do we know how much parking tickets are this year?

Thanks all!

£25 parking. Don't know the other answers but Big ground in general fills up really quick and as one of the main routes in is muddy lane I guess people will take the easy option to camp there.

Is the piano bar open Weds/Thurs?

How quickly does the side of big ground bordering muddy lane fill up? Is there any non-family camping to the east of muddy lane?

Do we know how much parking tickets are this year?

Thanks all!

The piano bar might still be 'work in progress' on Weds/Thurs...

Big Ground was full by 10am last few years. But carry on a little bit further down and you might get on to Kidney Mead before lunchtime. It's all Family the other side (towards Acoustic)

which would leave me with less of a queue at Gate D on Wednesday morning:

arriving at 7am?

arriving at 9am?

my thinking is that at 9am the initial queues that have been there all night will have dissipated a bit? arriving at 7am means a minimum of 1hr wait, plus whatever else for the people in front of me to get through.

Edited by ghostdancer1