Questions that you don't feel deserve their own thread

klipper

Shorts. Always shorts. (well mostly!)

Jeans are too hot in the sun, they are too heavy in the wet (and take ages to dry). The pockets are next to useless in terms of putting stuff in. A couple of pairs of cargo shorts/trousers/zip offs is the answer. And in the very unlikely event of a wet year, hung off the trolley they dry overnight too.

Festival staple for me.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much can I carry? Planning out what I can bring in terms of weight and have no idea what is realistic in a 70l rucksack?

Anyone got an estimate of what a 30 year old 90kg lad could carry on his back? 40kg, 50, 60?

If you've got the rucksack now, then try it out with the kit you think you'll take, but see about reducing the amount if you can. Pack the heavier stuff near the bottom and lift the bag using your legs to push up, not bending your back, otherwise you'll knacker yourself before you arrive. Sorry if you know that already, but it's worth pointing out.

Bringing cargo/combat shorts a few pairs but should I bring a pair of jeans?

To me they seem a bit heavy I dunno, plus it it's hot they may be uncomfortable.

If you have enough layers and fleeces on top, you won't need trousers. but certainly not jeans, too heavy in heat and damp. A fleece for night time should keep you warm enough.

<quote>Posted Today, 03:16 PM

Quick question, if I take my mates tent and bags in my campervan will they be able to gain access to the campervan fields and kip next to my van with general access tickets? They will probably be coming by coach. </quote>
Yes is the quick answer to this :) Yes they can get access to the camper van field and yes they can camp next to your van, you're allowed one small tent per van according to the festival FAQs, as long as the tent doesn't block a fire lane.
Access to the festival from camper van fields is through a pedestrian gate so essentially anyone with a festival ticket and a wrist band has access to the camper van fields.
Hope this helps :)
Edited to say, if you have a ticket for camper van east, your mates will be in for a trek from the coach drop off so I would definitely suggest you take their bags etc if you have room :)
If it's west, that's not so bad, but east from the coach drop off is essentially the width of the festival!
Edited by norainplease

Hi all! I'm a regular and camp in Big Ground however I'm taking my husband this year who's never been and he wants to see a shower....(amateur) ha! Where are the best showers to use closest to Big Ground? Thanking you!

Nearest showers should be the ones at the bottom of The Kidz Field- walk down Muddy Lane and turn left at bottom.

Hi all, first time Glasto visitor here! I'd like some advice on travelling both too and from the site. Handily I am able to stay overnight in Cheddar at a friends house, which is only approximately 30mins (on a normal day) by car from the site. I have two options, firstly myself and my friends could drive one of our cars and park on site. Secondly we could get a lift to either Glastonbury town or Shepton Mallet and get one of the shuttle buses to the site. At the moment I am swaying towards the car because I can use it as storage for anything I don't want to carry first time and I don't have a long drive back on the Monday. Would it be worthwhile getting one of the shuttle buses?

my coach leaves Reading at 12:00 on Thursday so I expect to be on site around 5pm

I haven't camped up near gate A for a few years as I have done worthy view and silver hayes and other areas. Is Pylon a good field/somewhere likely I will be able to get a spot for a 2 man tent

my coach leaves Reading at 12:00 on Thursday so I expect to be on site around 5pm

I haven't camped up near gate A for a few years as I have done worthy view and silver hayes and other areas. Is Pylon a good field/somewhere likely I will be able to get a spot for a 2 man tent

You'll have no problem finding space for a 2-man in Pylon on Thursday evening. It may be further back but we were in Rivermead and were surprised how much space there was even on Thursday.

Due to a new job, I can't get the time off to attend Glastonbury for a week like I normally would. There are no coaches leaving London Friday night so im getting the train to the festival, would getting the train back or booking onto a coach be better for the return on Sunday evening? Ive never travelled to/from the festival by public transport before and got no idea what the situation is like up at the bus depot on a Sunday night (returning at around 6pm). The cost is the same but im really undecided on which way to return.

There's no definitive answer to the question. It depends a lot on where you arrive (how far do you have to walk from the gate), when you arrive (certain fields will fill up quickly), and what factors are important to you (some fields are better located, whereas you tend to get more space further out, some tend to be livelier at night while some are quiet, etc etc)

Do you have any thoughts on the above?