Staying offsite. Frowned upon by KC?

Bristle

I have to say this keeping people on site thing does seem to have the dirty paws of big business all over it. A condition of the big drinks companies getting involved perhaps?

I can't see why, the last time I attended I stayed off site without any problems nor did I see a bar in Emperors Field. Agreed there is a bar in the main campsite, but punters are able to drink their own booze there anyway.

I dont understand their reticence in allowing punters to come & go, after all, wristbands are checked on the way into the arena, not into the campsite.

Not sure how they can enforce it unless the car park is inside the boundaries...all someone has to say is "i'm just heading to my car to collect..." at the entry point and when they return they say "I've just been to my car for..."

I still think a lot of its geared towards the security and theft side of it, everyone knows that thursday and probably Friday night there will be a spate of tent thefts and the culprits will leave early morning and won't be back until there dropped their stuff off.

• 4 weeks later...

Nope....but there will be the same confusion next year.

Kc need to clear this up. I take it they didn't bother banning the gas for the wee stoves. That was crazy talk and may have been to do with food stalls in the camping areas....or am I being too cynical :-)

I'd be lost without my wee stove.

Drove off site Thursday afternoon, came back on Thursday night parked in emperor carpark, left ste Thursday night after james came back in Friday teatime, left Saturday morning and came back 2 hours later never had a problem getting in or out ! I did arrange a pass out but never went for it !