My first book, "KERBY"

JDillinger

Folks,

I've written a (very silly) book about growing up in Scotland in the late 1980s and 90s, called "KERBY: Funny tales from a 1990's Scottish childhood".

It should hopefully raise a good chuckle and stir happy memories for folk on here. Stories of classroom mischief, trading gingie bottles, embarrassing amounts of vomiting, more than one toilet incident, football with jumpers for goalposts, etc.

Out now and available in paperback and eBook at pfg3t7n

Facebook page has a fair bit of content like first line, a bit of an interview that features in it, some daft videos and a few other bits that give a flavour - https://facebook.com/KERBYbook

The reviews have started coming in:

"Finished the book. Hilarious. Brilliant."
"Great last chapter. Pulled it together. Superb ending."
"Got this last night and I've laughed at it all the way through so far.
Brings back how daft I was when I was younger, all the while thinking that my hair-brained schemes were genius."
"Fantastic. Brilliant bit of nostalgia and lots of memories!"
"Bought this on e-book yesterday and have been pissing myself laughing all the way through it so far (up to Chapter IV). Being born in the late 80's, I can relate to almost all of the nostalgic tales, of the outstanding TV programmes (I still dream of Kelly Kapowski), the building of bogies and dens with friends during those endless summer days and the minefield that was related to breaking your VL. Can't recommend more. Bravo."
"Loved the British Bulldog section"
"Absolutely hilarious. I laughed so hard my kids came to see why Mummy was crying! Riotous from start to finish, I couldn't put it down. Ordered on Wednesday, received on Thursday, finished by Friday teatime. Anyone born between 1980-1990 MUST read this book and everyone else with a taste for jokes, japes and nostalgia should probably give it a look as well. Ten thumbs up!!!"
"I loved the stuff about childhood games, school subjects, football. The whole book is brilliant."
"When I wasn't crying with laughter I was nodding in nostalgic agreement! Captures growing up in 90's Scotland perfectly, from school traditions to classic kids tv - I will be showing this book to my kids so they know what a proper childhood is! Definitely recommend, I slam my Pogs in your general direction Mr. Johnston!"

• 8 months later...