Leeds vs T

Harry_G

I've been to T a few times and used to love it when I was younger but the acts I've seen headline (The Who, RATM, The Stone Roses) are now being replaced by the likes of Kasabian (every two years more or less) Calvin Harris, Rihanna etc. I know they're trying to keep up with the demographic they attract (School leavers and uni students) so giving Leeds a try this year. The lineup isn't as strong as years gone by but its still far superior to T (bar Mumford) imo.

Depends what you want. The craic and crowds are always better at T. It's more of a party than a festival. Leeds has a better layout and more stages. And better genres of music for me too. There are definitely years when T is the better option IMHO. This isn't one of them.

Line up wise: TITP, absolute no brainer!! The only reason why I'm not going is because I'm on holiday, but the line up is unreal in my opinion. Kasabian: Best band I've seen live. Noel Gallagher is Noel Gallagher; quality. The Libertines are in my opinion the best band of the 21st century. Then you've got The Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Annie Mac, The Wombats, Gorgon City, Courteeners, Vaccines, Shikari, Jamie T, CATB and Oliver Heldens.

Getting jealous whilst just listing them!

• 4 weeks later...

I went to both Leeds and T last year.

If you don't like the Leeds lineup, don't go. The reason I am doing Leeds and not T this year is because I prefer the lineup. However, if it is the atmosphere/general experience you are going for, do T. Especially if you are going in a large group.

Hope this helps x

• 2 weeks later...

Been to T the last 7 or 8 years, and last year was my first at Leeds.

Although I loved Leeds, it didn't have the same feel about it as T always has. Like someone said previously it does have a constant party feel about it.

Would say TITP has the better of the lineups also, but each to their own.

So, if i had to choose, I'd say T marginally.

I'll be going to both again this year right enough :)