Rock en Seine 2015 - Paris

labolabo

FIRST NAMES:

The Libertines, alt-J, The Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala, Interpol, The Offrspring, My Morning Jacket, Raphael Saadiq, Etienne Daho, Gramatik, Jungle, Pond, Run the Jewels, Fuzz, Mark Lanegan, Ben Howard, Fauve, Benjamin Clementine, Rodrigo y Gabriela, John Butler Trio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite like the sound of it so far and pleased that Mumford and Sons are not there. May well do it again this year as its an ideal opportunity to have a weekend in Paris and do a bit of sightseeing in the day.

Not a particulary raucous affair from my experience and most people don't camp - more like a series of day concerts like Hyde Park

I'm very tempted by a day ticket for this on whichever day the Libs play as none of the British fests they're doing appeal, and this is about half the price of a day ticket to the likes of T or R&L. Been planning to go to Paris again at some point so this would kill two birds.

Any idea when they announce day splits and does it usually sell out quickly?

Ok,thanks. I'm hoping they'll announce the day splits soon so I can work out if I can actually make the day the Libs play.

Edit: based on the R&L dates it looks like the Saturday is the only Paris date they could do.

Edited by coma girl

Depends where you are in UK, but Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris Gard de Nord in about 2 hours takes some beating.

The metro stations near the festival looked a bit mental at the end so it may be easier to stay close to the festival rather than in centre of Paris which is ony 20 minutes away anyway.

We stayed at the Kyriad (similar to Holiday Inn Express) which was 10 minutes stroll from festival and 5 mins to the metro.

http://www.kyriad-prestige-paris-ouest-boulogne.fr/fr

Thanks for the advice.

I'll be coming from Glasgow. I've provisionally booked a hostel in town as I only had to pay a £4 deposit now and the balance later, so I know I have something but will have a wider look round if/when I buy a festival ticket.

I am considering the eurostar as I've always wanted to go on it or there's an early morning flight from Edinburgh. I'm starting a new job soon so I don't know when I'll be able to book time off, worst case scenario is just getting the one night in Paris.

Taken a risk and booked a flight back as it was only £50 and isn't till the evening so would give me a bit of time to chill out before I have to go.

Edited by coma girl

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my third year at Rock En Seine, flying from Edinburgh on the Thursday. Camped the first year, which was brilliant, but they got a bit greedy two years ago and campsite was a bit more cramped (nowhere near British standards) and they stopped you taking alcohol in from campsite to festival site, as you could the time before. Stayed in hotel the Thu and Sun nights last time and doing the 4 nights in same hotel this year. About three tram stops from the festival site, maybe 15 minutes tops and hotel is £130 for the 4 nights. You simply can't beat that.

Edited by Yer Maw

• 2 weeks later...

Yep seems Kasabian are playing. Along with:

Kasabian, Hot Chip, The Lux, FFS (Franz Ferdinand & Sparks), Wolf Alice, Kate Tempest, Catfish & The Bottlemen, The Maccabees, Shamir, Jamie XX, Handbraekes (Boys Noise & Mr. Oizo) and Wand.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3A_aGv5uG1qVgJ%3Asfrlive.sfr.fr%2Factualites%2Frock-en-seine-12-nouveaux-noms-720032+&cd=1&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=fr

Edited by MattDavies__

• 2 weeks later...

Are there many acts still to be announced for this?

Going by previous years I reckon they've announced just over half the total list of artists so far. Remember Kasabian, Hot Chip, Franz Ferdinand and Catfish and the Bottlemen weren't announced till last week. I'm hoping they may pick up more acts from Reading/Leeds that weekend.

Edited by Yer Maw

There's a group of 3 of us planning on going over for this. Anybody got any reviews of the camping? I was on the website and it looks like you can only book the camping in 2s or 4s. Is that right?

Yeah that's right mate, the camping pitches are marked out in advance so you know exactly where you're going to be. They moved the campsite last time we were there, bit more cramped, but they'd expanded the site. Bit of a hill to negotiate to get there which was a bit shite with all your gear on first day. Showers on site all free, decent set up.

Are the three headliners The Libertines, Chemical Brothers and Kasabian? Or do people think they will announce "bigger" headliners?

Those three would all be headliners at most of the big UK festivals. Rock En Seine is about half the price, with a much smaller line up. No there won't be any "bigger" headliners being announced, but I know I'm absolutely delighted to have the three we've got.

Those 3 are 3 of my favourite bands they are red hot headliners, just not sure I will be able to afford this one unfortunately!

My flight and festival ticket were still less than I would be for a weekend camping ticket at T. Lots of cheap accommodation available close enough to festival site and Paris centre. You certainly get a lot more for your money and it's such a different vibe from British festivals.

My flight and festival ticket were still less than I would be for a weekend camping ticket at T. Lots of cheap accommodation available close enough to festival site and Paris centre. You certainly get a lot more for your money and it's such a different vibe from British festivals.

When I priced it up mate it came to about 350 I think for me -100 flights from and back to manchester, 100 for the ticket and 200 for a decent apartment. Expect Paris may be fairly pricey on top of that (tho I always sneak my own rum into festivals which saves me a fortune). the weather isn't guranteed to be good as far as I'm aware and although I have no experiene myself (so don't shoot the messenger) my friend who went to Sziget alst year said that the french are arseholes at festivals. I apologise if anyone is offended by this - it isn't my own opinion

That all said I think the line up is brilliant already, with many acts to follow. I'm still tempted but may wait til I'm back from NOS Alive to see how things are looking then

When I priced it up mate it came to about 350 I think for me -100 flights from and back to manchester, 100 for the ticket and 200 for a decent apartment. Expect Paris may be fairly pricey on top of that (tho I always sneak my own rum into festivals which saves me a fortune). the weather isn't guranteed to be good as far as I'm aware and although I have no experiene myself (so don't shoot the messenger) my friend who went to Sziget alst year said that the french are arseholes at festivals. I apologise if anyone is offended by this - it isn't my own opinion

That all said I think the line up is brilliant already, with many acts to follow. I'm still tempted but may wait til I'm back from NOS Alive to see how things are looking then

We had great weather first year we went, pissed it down second time. Staying in a hotel which is 10 minutes tram ride from festival, £130 from Thu-Mon. Stayed there before, pretty much like a Travelodge, great for the money. You were allowed to take drink in from campsite first year, filled Camelbak with Rum and Coke. They've stopped that now and are quite tight with searching you.