Emily Eavis speaks exclusively to eFestivals

5co77ie

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems weird that she brought Florence up out of nowhere and then stated that she could headline but isn't, and can't give anything away. A sub slot would be a low blow considering that's the second time she's said she could headline, and an untelevised Other opener as seemingly the only UK appearance she does doesn't add up either. Maybe she's a back up in case Mr. Nelson drops out or something but even that seems underselling herself.

I don't know what to make of it but I won't admit defeat yet. On the ropes though.

"When you're doing the deals, particularly with the bigger bands, and they say they're coming over to do a big show, or event, or something, that they're getting paid lots of money for. Quite often, they will just want to announce that first, just so they can sell tickets, and we've already sold out. It makes sense then, and works for everyone, to hold off announcing anything until spring."

I know an act whose just sold out Hyde Park ...

Edited by zero000

"When you're doing the deals, particularly with the bigger bands, and they say they're coming over to do a big show, or event, or something, that they're getting paid lots of money for. Quite often, they will just want to announce that first, just so they can sell tickets, and we've already sold out. It makes sense then, and works for everyone, to hold off announcing anything until spring."

That does have a whiff of swift about it

Unsurprisingly, Scott and me have had loads of convos about those lines.

His take, from being the person sat in front of her at the time she said those words, is that they're general words about the process and not about anything specific.

But it couldn't be about Blur, as they don't have to "come over", and it couldn't be Taylor Swift as she's not a "band".

Edited by eFestivals

Unsurprisingly, Scott and me have had loads of convos about those lines.

His take, from being the person sat in front of her at the time she said those words, is that they're general words about the process and not about anything specific.

But it couldn't be about Blur, as they don't have to "come over", and it couldn't be Taylor Swift as she's not a "band".

Couldn't it be Foos she's talking about? Stadium shows sold well and waited a while to announce them