Gigs/festivals you are going to that may also be at Glastonbury this year

onthebeach

Bit underwhelmed with announcements (to say the least) at Glastonbury so far - but I am sure we won't be disappointed nearer the time. So here are my predictions for what I have booked so far and what I might be lucky enough to see more than once -

War on Drugs - tonight in Nottingham

somehow - don't think so

Steve Gunn - Nottingham

Quite possible, with Kurt Vile - I read somewhere they are shortly to release an album

Nick Cave - Albert Hall

I wish - but I don't think so somehow

Sufjan Stevens, My Morning Jacket, War on Drugs - EOTR

SJ - please ....... never thought he would be at a festival (though was lucky to see him in the auditorium at Primavera 2011) so possible he might do Glastonbury s well

My Morning Jacket - yes, I think they will be there

WOD - sadly no, as above

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is different :P but I'll give it a go!

Courtney Barnett - London: Exclusive to Green Man?

Laura Marling - London: Didn't play many festivals on the last album (if any) but Neil mentioned in a thread the other day that she was playing?!

Sharon Van Etten - London: TBC on the rumours page! High slot on the park please.

Death Cab For Cutie - London: Playing festivals in Europe on 25th/6th/7th so could only do the Sunday, seems unlikely.

Foo Fighters - London: Confirmed

Blur - London: Seems unlikely also but given the lack of info with have about headliners, they should be considered.

There's a whole host of acts I'd like to see from Primavera also but I'm not sure what the crossover between the two is usually like.

P.S Sufjan and TWOD both ruled out :( EOTR shaping up very nicely though, hope you enjoy!

War On Drugs - last Sunday in Brighton (sadly I read they were elsewhere on all 3 days, Thursday in Williams Green!!!)

Benjamin Booker - in Brighton last Thursday (think he will be doing the festival circuit so hopefully he will be there.

Jungle - tomorrow in Brighton (think someone has said they will be there)

Anna Calvi - Brighton in May (possible but was there last year, different stage? Back in John Peel?)

Tricky - Brighton in May (would love him to be but in the dark so late on Park or West Holts please)

Young Fathers - May in Brighton (more than likely as new album, but again in the dark please)

Paul Weller - November in Brighton (doubt it, has done before but hunk he is on record saying his kids like Glastonbury more than he does, will probably be at V)

Latitude - not announced yet

hahaha, I have precisely one gig lined up for this year, Mark Lanegan, in a fortnight. And he's just been announced for EOTR. Will he play Glastonbury? don't know. Not sure where he'd fit in, really.

I was going to go and see Metronomy in a few weeks, but I should be working that work that night and can't really afford to lose the cash.

Panda Bear - doubt it

Courtney Barnett - apparently not but Neil wasn't so sure

Jon Hopkins - hopefully! Park!

Hot Chip - YEP

Purity Ring - I guess so?

The day I was going to buy sve tickets she became tbc, thanks Neil :)

Ed Tudor Pole in Liverpool - played a few years back in Gaz's Rocket Lounge at about 1:30 in the morning. Could crop up somewhere like that again.

Frank Turner in Liverpool Library - well documented that he doesn't get the offer but you never know.

Bearded Theory - loads of bands that could play both, some certainties like Hobo, 3 Daft Monkeys, Pronghorn and the like. Of the headliners, The Mission are BT exclusives, no idea about New Model Army and there seems to be a bit of a clamour for James.

Mourn - London

Could play somewhere on Williams Green, but don't really see it happening, they are at primavera though. ]

Courtney Barnett - London

Ruled out.

Waxahatchee - London

Hope she'll play, would make a nice afternoon park slot

Might also get wolf alice tickets, and yeah I reckon they'll play

Released their new single the other day 'Giant Peach' if you haven't heard it you should definitely check it out. Their best yet!

Hmm... you know, after a few listens, I'm not so keen on that. It's a bit more rocky, losing some of the interesting edges of Blush or Bros. I fear they're mutating from Lush into Garbage.

I'm going to see Moz and Royal Blood in Notts in two weeks times, both of whom I don't think will be at Glasto (Royal Blood are out anyway).

Then I've got Vaccines at Rock City at the end of March, who should be there, and UFO in April who probably won't play.

I'm hoping to get in to review Wolf Alice, Lucy Rose and Courtney Barnett too.

Edited by MattDavies__

Errors - Most possibly

Hot Chip - Must be

The Twilight Sad - "We've only been asked to do one so far" said James when asked about festivals, I get the feeling it's Latitude, but could be G

Sleater-Kinney - I'd say they're a strong prospect for The Park or maybe John Peel

British Sea Power - I'd be surprised if they weren't

Warpaint - Probably not for a second year running

Nils Frahm - I don't see it, but would be happy to be surprised

Fall Out Boy - Probably not

Green Man Festival - Likely we'll see the return of Goat, the aforementioned Hot Chip, Mew, Owen Pallett and others will hopefully be on the bill. Father John Misty already TBC.

Latitude Festival - The one TBC, Sun Kil Moon, may or may not show up.

Sleater Kinney - hoping so!

The Julie Ruin - likewise but no idea how likely that is...

Death Cab for Cutie - ?

Tom Vek - ?

Courtney Barnett - ruled out

Underworld - ruled out

Nick Cave - unlikely :-(

Not bought tickets for Patti Smith yet as really hoping she'll be there...

I'm away when Prodigy and Hot Chip are playing so likewise

Really want to go to Blur but again holding out for at least a secret gig

Errors - Most possibly

Hot Chip - Must be

The Twilight Sad - "We've only been asked to do one so far" said James when asked about festivals, I get the feeling it's Latitude, but could be G

Sleater-Kinney - I'd say they're a strong prospect for The Park or maybe John Peel

British Sea Power - I'd be surprised if they weren't

Warpaint - Probably not for a second year running

Nils Frahm - I don't see it, but would be happy to be surprised

Fall Out Boy - Probably not

Green Man Festival - Likely we'll see the return of Goat, the aforementioned Hot Chip, Mew, Owen Pallett and others will hopefully be on the bill. Father John Misty already TBC.

Latitude Festival - The one TBC, Sun Kil Moon, may or may not show up.

Jaysus, what job do you have and how do I get one?

Currently living with my parents to save enough money to live on if I can finally get onto a decent apprenticeship.

It's not working, I'm just indulging myself far too much. Fucking boring living here at 23, I'm far more likely to buy shit than see the bigger picture.

Currently living with my parents to save enough money to live on if I can finally get onto a decent apprenticeship.

It's not working, I'm just indulging myself far too much. Fucking boring living here at 23, I'm far more likely to buy shit than see the bigger picture.

Christ, it's like looking a year into my future...