Gigs/festivals you are going to that may also be at Glastonbury this year

onthebeach

How was Bloc? Really fancied it but had a family birthday I couldn't miss... Hopefully next year (if it happens again).

absolutely brilliant : )

I would highly recommend it especially if you can get a chalet of 4 mates together which just makes it even better.

Over and above everything else there was simply always room to dance, great sound and no queues. Pretty much the opposite of every standard city club night...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Gretchen Peters on Friday who's self confirmed so will see how she is live, also seeing Robin Trower this week!

Got Madness & Toto booked who are already ruled out.

Seeing UB40 in May - not sure whether Ali Campbell UB40 or normal UB40 though.

Going to No Tomorrow Festival in early June - imagine a vast crossover with Glasto:- Jessie Ware, John Newman, James Bay, Nick Mulvey (check it out:- v. good line-up)

Got Download Festival but imagine very minimal (if any) shared line-up!!

And then Foo Fighters dates at Wembley and aside from the obvious, really hoping Iggy Pop shows at G!

absolutely brilliant : )

I would highly recommend it especially if you can get a chalet of 4 mates together which just makes it even better.

Over and above everything else there was simply always room to dance, great sound and no queues. Pretty much the opposite of every standard city club night...

Ahhh good to hear. Does sound like a pretty perfect weekend :)

Seen this year or will see.

War on drugs - not possible

Jesus and marychain - possible but personally don't think so

Underworld - not possible. Gutted as they were incredible and would love to see again.

6music fest- would hope to see Charlatans, lonelady, king creosote,

Jon Hopkins - cancelled 6music last minute so please please be there.

Public service broadcasting - highly likely

Future islands - hope so as think they'll be great at glastonbury.

Beans On Toast - Beyond excited to see him on this side of the pond at the Mint in LA tonight, and he's self confirmed

Public Service Broadcasting/the Cat Empire - Unfortunately both playing different venues the same night in LA next week, but both looking possible/likely for glasto. Fingers crossed that the lineup is released before the gigs, so that we can decide which one to go to!

Cloud Nothings - Seeing them here in LA next month, haven't announced tour dates beyond May, but still holding out hope that they'll announce some festival dates over the summer

NOFX - Seeing them the weekend after Glasto at the Brixton Acadamy, but hoping that Billy Bragg will have them headlining Leftfield on the Friday night. Hey, a guy can dream!

Earlier this year:

St Jerome's Laneway Festival - loads. See my previous post, above

Soundwave Festival - Maybe Antemasque, Twin Atlantic. Rest is too metal!

Future Music Festival - Possibly The Prodigy, Die Antwoord, Green Velvet, Seth Troxler, Nero, Art Department, Sven Vath

Coming up:

System of a Down - no chance

The Prodigy - a very slim chance for the Sunday, but unlikely I think

Alabama 3 - Glastonbury regulars, quite possible

Download Festival - not many from this lineup, maybe Enter Shikari, Eagles of Death Metal

Beautiful Days - lots announced that are bound to play

Earlier this year:

St Jerome's Laneway Festival - loads. See my previous post, above

Soundwave Festival - Maybe Antemasque, Twin Atlantic. Rest is too metal!

Future Music Festival - Possibly The Prodigy, Die Antwoord, Green Velvet, Seth Troxler, Nero, Art Department, Sven Vath

Underworld - Bestival/Camp Bestival exclusive

Coming up:

System of a Down - no chance

The Prodigy - a very slim chance for the Sunday, but unlikely I think

Alabama 3 - Glastonbury regulars, quite possible

Download Festival - not many from this lineup, maybe Enter Shikari, Eagles of Death Metal

Beautiful Days - lots announced that are bound to play

Super Furry Animals in Cardiff in May...probable and hopeful they'll be at Glastonbury!

Going to Download festival...can only really see Enter Shikari playing out of that lot...Thunder might be worth a shot though.

Also going to Reading this year...I imagine a lot of the acts that are around the NME/Radio 1 stage will be at Glastonbury (Years & Years, Slaves etc)

Also seeing AC/DC in Wembley but yep they've already been ruled out, which I'm happy about cause I imagine it would have been the same set anyway!

Only pre glastonbury gig i have lined up at the min is Vintage Trouble in Glasgow next week and seen as they are down as TBC on the line up page id expect to be seeing them there as well

Also contemplating Black Rebel Motorcycle Club the day after Glasto in Manchester. Would be great to see them at Glasto