Vice Moaning or the Death of Mainstream Festivals?

DGrant261

Thoughts on this article? Really not sure what to make of what they are saying

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/what-the-fuck-is-going-on-with-this-years-festival-line-ups-2015?utm_source=vicefbuk

Am I right in thinking this is a rehash of an old article.

Sure I've read it before

Am I right in thinking this is a rehash of an old article.

Sure I've read it before

Yeah the facebook comments are all over the fact it's pretty much a recycled article from last year, thought this place would be a bit better for an overall discussion about the state of festivals than facebook comments though :)

It's Vice, unless it's a tech house dj they're going to complain

Hahaha :)

Great account that one
Edited by DGrant261

This article is a load of shit, but I do quite like Vice. You have to wade through a lot of crap, granted, but they have got some good reports on issues that go untouched by the mainstream media because it doesn't fulfil their news agenda. They've done some decent documentaries as well, particularly on drugs in Mexico/Columbia and Ukraine.

Kendal calling is not exactly at the front of the line to be slagged off. a festival that has got steadily bigger the last 3-4 years, just as the bigger festivals like v and Leeds have declined in terms of ticket sales. Pretty poor journalism there....

And they're totally different markets.

Bestival lineup is pretty bollocks this year for me, Kendall Calling on the other hand looks great.

This article is a load of shit, but I do quite like Vice. You have to wade through a lot of crap, granted, but they have got some good reports on issues that go untouched by the mainstream media because it doesn't fulfil their news agenda. They've done some decent documentaries as well, particularly on drugs in Mexico/Columbia and Ukraine.

There are defo some excellent documentaries to counterbalance the pretentious nature of their web articles

Kendal calling is not exactly at the front of the line to be slagged off. a festival that has got steadily bigger the last 3-4 years, just as the bigger festivals like v and Leeds have declined in terms of ticket sales. Pretty poor journalism there....

Yeah, I really disliked that cheap comment at the end. A festival with one of the most diverse audiences and range of artists in a cosy scenic setting with a cross generational appeal is certainly not one that has sprung up unjustly in the wake of mass Carling/Lynx sponsorship.

Dilemma: Get to the front for a good spot for The Courteeners, or throw bottles at Vampire Weekend for not being provincial enough.

I felt this particular tweet deserved a share. Even if it is off-topic.

As the creator of this thread, the sharing Totes Indie tweets is more than welcome as it is one of the finest accounts on all of Twitter. Here are a few of my favourites of his

No, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden aren't grunge. They're a bunch of old American guys. Peace, Swim Deep, Palma Violets, Royal Blood are grunge!

Despite how they didn't play Reptilia, The Libertines were #MODFERIT. Peter Docherty and that other guy were mega. Sailing to Albania!

Don't know why I bothered watching Arcade Fire. Not once did I hear a reference to lads having a scrap outside a kebab shop in their lyrics.

Edited by DGrant261