Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

lol at you thinking most students are interested in or have even heard of Super Furry Animals

doubt these will sell particularly fast - they've toured quite a bit since they reformed so anybody who's really wanted to see them has had many a chance

ha well I went to see any old shit when I was at university, surely things havent changed that much!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, russycarps said:

ha well I went to see any old shit when I was at university, surely things havent changed that much!

I doubt there'll be many uni students; £30 is a bit much to go see "any old shit". I looked on Facebook to see if anyone I know from uni likes SFA on there so I could ask if they wanted to go - no one did. The Newcastle gig is at Northumbria SU so perhaps that'll result in more students being there as they'll be more aware of the gig taking place. Unfortunately all my SU books is random shite pop-punk/metalcore bands for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I doubt there'll be many uni students; £30 is a bit much to go see "any old shit". I looked on Facebook to see if anyone I know from uni likes SFA on there so I could ask if they wanted to go - no one did. The Newcastle gig is at Northumbria SU so perhaps that'll result in more students being there as they'll be more aware of the gig taking place. Unfortunately all my SU books is random shite pop-punk/metalcore bands for some reason.

Think it's time for some new uni friends then!

25 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

£30! nevermind the students, that may well price me out! I presumed they'd be about £15 in a small venue like that. 

I dunno how you lot afford to go out getting smashed these days

24 minutes ago, russycarps said:

£30! nevermind the students, that may well price me out! I presumed they'd be about £15 in a small venue like that. 

I dunno how you lot afford to go out getting smashed these days

I know, I saw them at Sheffield Leadmill the first time around in the 90's, and it was closer to £3 than £30!!! I paid the eyebrow raising price for the comeback show in Manchester last year and it was worth it but these are the kind of ticket prices that put me right off. I would love to know how much the band end up making from these shows, and how much is sucked out by the management, promoters, agents, venues etc.

3 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I know, I saw them at Sheffield Leadmill the first time around in the 90's, and it was closer to £3 than £30!!! I paid the eyebrow raising price for the comeback show in Manchester last year and it was worth it but these are the kind of ticket prices that put me right off. I would love to know how much the band end up making from these shows, and how much is sucked out by the management, promoters, agents, venues etc.

they've been touring and doing festivals non stop for the last year or so too. Plus no new material....

I presume these gigs are warm ups for their tour with manic street preachers so it makes no sense at all for them to have prices this high. Quite depressing really. Surely these little crappy venues arent charging the earth? 

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

they've been touring and doing festivals non stop for the last year or so too. Plus no new material....

I presume these gigs are warm ups for their tour with manic street preachers so it makes no sense at all for them to have prices this high. Quite depressing really. Surely these little crappy venues arent charging the earth? 

Definitely time for new material. I think it's Editors supporting the Manics. Really no need to be charging £27.50 for the Leadmill. No need at all.

• 3 months later...

This is great. I was nervous before I heard it that they might be slipping into MOR mid tempo stuff, but they been reinvigorated since the comeback. This isn't just rehashing their old stuff with diminishing returns either, unlike another band releasing a new single this week. :)

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Just announced a massive tour for November/December playing Fuzzy logic and Radiator in full. Whilst I'm incredibly keen, I'm getting a bit cynical about full album shows now. It feels like they've been done to death.

I know the feeling, but then I just end up thinking that I love a particular album and still listen to it, so a live playthrough works for me.  Kind of have to put the, for want of a better phrase, self-righteous "they're only in it for the money" feeling to one side and just enjoy it for what it is.  Hence why I saw the Levelling The Land 20th anniversary tour and will still be going to see the 25th anniversary tour as well!

I'll be going to this for sure, but I agree that full albums shows are a bit shitty. For me, part of the joy of gigs is that you never know what they are going to play next, especially when its a band with a massive back catalogue like SFA. Knowing exactly what's coming up makes it all a bit less exciting. Plus some songs just dont work live.

But still, getting the opportunity to see some of these songs live is absolutely tremendous.

They've been playing a lot recently, I wonder how well this tour will sell?