Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A SFA / Hot Chiip clash would be the cruellest clash of all time. I'm seeing Hot Chip next week in Amsterdam, so I guess I'll be at SFA if this happens, though it will still be hard. I hope and wish I don't have to make that choice.

SFA are my 2015 Portishead.

I dont give a fuck about anybody else....................Im there

This! I can see an equal amount of praise coming after the fest as with Portishead, it's going to be brilliant, I've never seen them so can't wait.

Are they definitely headlining the Park on Friday? That's an annoying clash with the Foos. Saturday would be much better as I have absolutely no interest in watching Kanye West.

There was an SFA documentary on S4C on Saturday night. Stumbled across it whilst looking for something to watch. It was all in Welsh so had to watch it with subtitles, but was quite interesting and had lots of Glasto footage.

The text list, being discussed in the announcement thread, has them between Mark Ronson (who Neil believes to be playing the Other on Friday), and Belle & Sebastian (who Neil believes to be playing the Other on Sunday). Third down on the Other on Saturday then??

That would be a disappointment. Id like to see them headline a stage.

I would get to see Hot Chip though as I expected SFA on the park as a clash

The text list, being discussed in the announcement thread, has them between Mark Ronson (who Neil believes to be playing the Other on Friday), and Belle & Sebastian (who Neil believes to be playing the Other on Sunday). Third down on the Other on Saturday then??

They're not on the Other Stage.

I can guess the answer to this question on this thread, but how good are SFA live? Never seen them, and bizarrely I managed to pretty much miss them during the 90s and beyond, so only know a couple of songs. Not a lot exciting me on the big stages at the moment, so I'm determined to head off into the distance for once!

Working through their discography at the moment, and I do like what I'm hearing

My two year old is a little obsessed at times with this plastic mobile phone toy she has, carrying it about with her at the mo, pretending it rings, chatting to all sorts of people on it etc etc and at times would say to us "Ive got a mobile phone".................... so naturally enough her doing so has led to me having the ear worm "Wherever I Lay My Phone (That's My Home)" now and again recently and this morning was one such occasion.

As such I thought Id throw the tune on for her in the car on the way to creche, so I dusted off Guerrilla and we had a spin of it as we drove. Well if the memories did not come flooding back something fierce and she seemed to enjoy it a lot, which was nice to see, but what happened next was even better. I had totally forgotten what a really great point in the album followed, with Specific Ocean into Some Things Come from Nothing into The Door To This House..........Wow! :)

That was 15 or so minutes of pure heaven on the way to work right there. With the sun beaming this morning in Dublin it is very much a start to the day which has me smiling................

*Considers dusting off the whole SFA back catalog to take a mammoth trip down memory lane