Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

I'm moist at the thought of this. Bloody love SFA.

Strange reading everyone's top fives and fave albums etc. on here as they are so diverse, no one seems to pick the same as anyone else and yet everyone seems happy with what everyone has picked. Testament to the overall high quality of the output I guess. Just to add to this, my fave album is Dark Days/Light Years and if I had to (HAD TO) put a top five songs I'd pick:

Play it Cool

Presidential Suite

Rings

Neil Diamond

Inaugural Trams.

Please headline the Park. I'm a godless heathen but I'll pray like fuck for this.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, as with B&S, I could even see SFA requesting The Park to ensure a longer slot in a nicer venue, rather than suffering the slings and arrows of playing teatime on the Other to a load of board Ben Howard fans.

Didn't someone post, on reasonable authority, that almost no-one dictates where they play? That the GFL team coordinate for the individual stage teams to invite their specific target bands to play their stage?

I'm sure that there's a bit of argy bargy on the part of bigger, more self-important bands, as to where they are 'prepared' to play, but I got the impression that you were invited and you either said yes, please, or you declined, without any obvious room to negotiate a different stage...

Mind you, saying that, I know genuinely bugger all about it...

Ben

Been making a setlist in my head this evening. I don't ask much other than Wherever I Lay My Phone, Ice Hockey Hair, Mountain People and Man Don't Give a Fuck (with Fagen on backing vox after a mid afternoon Pyramid set).

Edited by Badlands

Been making a setlist in my head this evening. I don't ask much other than Wherever I Lay My Phone, Ice Hockey Hair, Mountain People and Man Don't Give a Fuck (with Fagen on backing vox after a mid afternoon Pyramid set).

Ha ha, not likely after all the trouble they had getting him to agree to the use of the sample in the first place, but would be ace!