is there public transport to and from the site all weekend?

muffpuffin

Hypothetical question, as I don't yet have a ticket, but keeping fingers crossed for the resale

my Mum is getting re-married on Friday 26th June (of all days!!) . Would I be able to get a bus from the Glasto site to Bath on Friday morning and then back to Glasto again either on Friday night or Saturday morning?

I know that, failing a direct bus, the nearest train station is Castle Cary, so that is always an option, but are there buses to and from the train station to the site all weekend? Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

There are direct buses throughout the festival to various places (Glastonbury town, Shepton Mallet, Bath & West Showgrounds), but nothing as far afield as Bath.

Just use the free shuttle to Castle Cary, which does operate all weekend while trains are running, then get a direct train to Bath Spa.

As incident says there are special shuttle buses linking the festival site to nearby towns, including Glastonbury. These are hourly through the day

From there you can get scheduled buses to Bristol and onto Bath. Try the First Group website for specific timetables and routes

Alternatively there is also a taxi rank near the festival bus station and while that's more expensive might be an option if you really need to be at a venue for a specific time. Which I guess you do for a wedding!!

Me and my friend had to get to Castle Cary last year following a burn incident on the Thursday night for a hospital appointment in Bristol on the Friday. We left with hours to spare, and stood waiting for a taxi for an hour and a half. No taxis showed up, as they'd all stopped running that morning until the afternoon. The buses were running late as well, but one eventually turned up about three hours after we'd initially got outside the festival gates. This seemed to have been a rare case, but make sure you leave with plenty of time to get any trains you might have booked. The staff were so helpful, but the Festival can't control taxi companies or traffic in regards to buses. Just a heads up.