Wickerman festival 2015

stigcocard

I can understand the Waterboys for Friday night, but Tom Odell is never a headliner. He would have been good in a Saturday afternoon slot like Jake Bugg a couple of years ago.

Aye. I think you can get away with the Waterboys on 1 night if you`ve got something big ( as in bigger than Tom Odell ) on the Saturday night. From having Jake Bugg in the afternoon as you say and Chic subbing a couple of years back, this all seems a bit low key. Fingers crossed for a strong undercard. I`d guess that Example will not be on after the burning and go with him being on about 9pm. Do they not normally state who is after the burning when they announce it ?

Haven`t been in the scooter tent much for a few years. Here`s hoping they have some good stuff lined up for in there. Going by previous years, the line up will still be getting drip fed to us in May / June.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the Waterboys for Friday night, but Tom Odell is never a headliner. He would have been good in a Saturday afternoon slot like Jake Bugg a couple of years ago.

Against my better judgement I sat through his set at Kendal last year (mainly because it had rained so much I couldn't be arsed to pull my chair out of 6ft of mud). It was dreadful. The nicest thing I could call it was 'the sound of beige'. It was hard to tell when one song finished and another started.

Against my better judgement I sat through his set at Kendal last year (mainly because it had rained so much I couldn't be arsed to pull my chair out of 6ft of mud). It was dreadful. The nicest thing I could call it was 'the sound of beige'. It was hard to tell when one song finished and another started.

Thought it was OK for an afternoon.....I'd be gutted if I'd got tickets and he was announced as a headliner though

Thought it was OK for an afternoon.....I'd be gutted if I'd got tickets and he was announced as a headliner though

Did you happen to catch 'The Heavy'?? The fact they managed to get such great crowd interaction when it was constantly pissing down and knee deep in mud was brilliant. Would definitely catch them again at a festival.

Did you happen to catch 'The Heavy'?? The fact they managed to get such great crowd interaction when it was constantly pissing down and knee deep in mud was brilliant. Would definitely catch them again at a festival.

Yes we did....it wasnt planned but yes....really enjoyed them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Wickerman festival have announced they will be adding some big names to this year’s already impressive billing.

Reggae legend Jimmy Cliff has been confirmed along with reinvented ’90s hip-hop artist Neneh Cherry, influential garage rockers The Sonics and idiosyncratic post-punk musician Julian Cope.

They will join an already diverse selection of musicians including Lulu, Squeeze, John Cooper Clarke, The Waterboys and Tom Odell.

Exciting local talent is also on show with Holy Mountain, Errors and Paws leading the Scottish contingent.

The Wickerman Festival has been the attraction of festival goers looking for an alternative experience for many years. The laid-back atmosphere and idyllic location are just two reasons why each year it proves to be a popular weekend – not forgetting the chance to watch the best bonfire ever.

Wickerman is held at Dundrennan, Dumfries and Galloway and takes place over the weekend of July 24-25. More info and tickets via www.thewickermanfestival.co.uk

• 1 month later...