Wickerman festival 2015

stigcocard

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long to go now folks.

Hope there's something good on in the Inn on the Thursday. Beatles were great last year.

Glad the family camping is back to its usual spot.

Any recommendations for the Solus/go north/Phoenix tents?

Aye agree about the family camping. We had a great view last year from the new bit but it was a wee bit far out. It was worth a try moving it last year as I think they pretty much sold out the year before ? Anywayz, I suspect that won`t be happening this year so a bit more room for us  :)

Least exciting line up I can remember. Do we think anything else will be added. Maybe after this weekend they will want to have something to push some more tickets. I don`t ever remember them doing this buy 5 get 1 free thing.

I wonder if it's too close (in timing) still to Kendal Calling. They have a much better line up so I think are their natural competitors for the SW Scotland/NW England area.

Same price range, same time (ish), same area(ish) but no competition when IT comes to acts.

Their greed has caught up on them to be fair. It's £110 for a ticket, £12 each for toilets and showers, £5 to park a car and no doubt £4 a pint since it went up an inflation busting 20p each year I have been there. On top of that the lineup is average at best, OK for people that are really into their music but for a lot of people there is nothing there to make them want to buy a ticket.

I'll be there, I love the festival it's a great weekend, but I go with a lot less enthusiasm than ever before...

Edited by Doonhamer

I personally think the Friday line up is excellent... piss poor Saturday line up bar jimmy cliff and neneh cherry....

It was over £100 a ticket for Kelburn Garden Party with nowhere near the type of bands at Wickerman.........It is what it is..

And I think the line up beats Kendall this year.     Friday is worth the ticket money alone, could easily go home on the saturday and still feel ive had my moneys worth...

If anything its Tom O Dell headlining Saturday that will put people off....very strange booking

its a strange line up to say the least ............ lulu twice in 1 day ............ mental!

I went last year the kids loved it , we made some good friends and we are returning this year but not for the music thats for sure!

its a great festival but i think it maybe back to the drawing board with regards to the music policy and the new bookers !!!!

I personally think the Friday line up is excellent... piss poor Saturday line up bar jimmy cliff and neneh cherry....

It was over £100 a ticket for Kelburn Garden Party with nowhere near the type of bands at Wickerman.........It is what it is..

And I think the line up beats Kendall this year.     Friday is worth the ticket money alone, could easily go home on the saturday and still feel ive had my moneys worth...

If anything its Tom O Dell headlining Saturday that will put people off....very strange booking

Aye Jimmy Cliff is the one for me. There are a few others I will see and will be a cracking weekend for sure. Haven`t spent much time in the Scooter tent for years so maybe a few I will like in there. Esperanza for one.

Each to their own with line up opinions but I`m surprised you think this is better than Kendal Calling ?

My Kelburn tickets were £80 odd and they have loads of ( free ) stuff for the kids. £3.50 for  pint but you can bring in your own all day and you can park next to your tent so I think it offers different " value ". I agree with you that they will never get bands as big as Wickerman as I think they are restricted at around 3000 capacity. They did have Optimo who are doing the afterburning at Wickerman though. They were good but not as good as Nightmares on Wax on the Friday  :dancer:

I think Wickerman is a brilliant festival but I`m just not very excited for the line up this year.

Quick question...does anyone know if you have a 13-15 concession ticket if you can just pay the difference to upgrade if an adult is taking the ticket rather than the originally intended teenager? Skiddle said they can't change it and we're not sure how it works, I've mailed Wickerman and they are looking into it.. Just checking here in the unlikely event anyone has been in that position lol... Alternatively if anyone is looking for a concessions ticket let me know and I could just buy a new adult one, I think its priced £50 and covers 13-15 year olds.

Hey, first time going to Wickerman this year was just wondering a few things.

In regards to set times etc is there a lanyard available like other festivals for this? Also what sort of beer do they normally have? 

Looking forward to it, quite a few acts I don't really know but seems to be a nice wee festival from what my mate tells me. 

In regards to set times etc is there a lanyard available like other festivals for this? Also what sort of beer do they normally have? 

Looking forward to it, quite a few acts I don't really know but seems to be a nice wee festival from what my mate tells me. 

Seems to be Carlsberg on some pics here

https://www.facebook.com/DGWGO

You`ll get a lanyard for a fiver mate.

Think it was cans of stowpress cider last year plus the Carlsberg. Look out for the Jimmy Carr Bar ( It`s a wee bar with his face as the shop front ). They had cans of red stripe and a few different ciders last year.

All the bars are tokens now but plenty of places to buy the tokens.

You also want to check out the bar in the trees with the picnic benches outside. It has a picket fence round it and looks down on the main stage. They have a few different ales etc on draft.

Just heard Jimmy Cliff on the radio  :)

Have a great time everyone and hope we get some sunshine.

You`ll get a lanyard for a fiver mate.

Think it was cans of stowpress cider last year plus the Carlsberg. Look out for the Jimmy Carr Bar ( It`s a wee bar with his face as the shop front ). They had cans of red stripe and a few different ciders last year.

All the bars are tokens now but plenty of places to buy the tokens.

You also want to check out the bar in the trees with the picnic benches outside. It has a picket fence round it and looks down on the main stage. They have a few different ales etc on draft.

Just heard Jimmy Cliff on the radio  :)

Have a great time everyone and hope we get some sunshine.

Have a great one Numpty. Mon The Cliff!  

Feeling rather delicate after an excellent weekend made all the better from spending our time with the friends we have made over last few years great people great kids = great times !

The music sucked ass !

Highlights

Stero Mcs

Jimmy cliff

Low points

Julian Cope ( he was that bad we went and caught the last 10 mins of lulu secret set)

And the find of the weekend

Alias Kid very very good .

Well organised great vibe no trouble , shame they can't put toilets both sides of family camping .

See you in 2016 wickerman but please sort the music out !

Yes Alias Kid were really good, Jimmy Cliff the highlight, oozed class. Squeeze were poor, didn't seem to want to be there.

One up for the security though, they often get slated but I thought they were polite, professional and easy going. That said there seemed a lot less neds than normal this year, much more families, but attendance was noticeably down on previous years. Guess a reflection on the lineup.
Ah, and the segway granny's, superb...

Have a great one Numpty. Mon The Cliff!  

Twas quality scenes sir. We raised a can to you. Sun was out big time and he had the crowd bouncing. 10 years I think since I last saw him in Glasgow and he is still the man. Great booking by Wickerman. Maybe the only one this year !

Had a great time as always but as has been said the numbers were way down on previous years. Gone are the days of Chic and the Scissor sisters etc. 

Family camping was rammed with no spare room. General camping ( where the young un`s go ) looked empty by comparison. 

We have sat about in roughly the same spot for years but on Saturday we were able to move much further forward down the hill.

I think most folk were happy to give them a free pass on the lineup this year after the tragic and sad stuff that happened with the owners and it was good to see a load of folk sporting the waistcoats.

Everything in place at this great wee festival so just a couple of decent acts away from bringing the crowds back next year.

My one moan would be the afterburning act not being on the main stage and clearly being a cheap option. Most folk see that as the 3rd headliner and hopefully they will sort this out for next year.

• 5 months later...