Wickerman festival 2015

stigcocard

there has been no posts at all for wickerman this year

so i thought i would start the ball rolling

cant wait for this year will be 5 year running and its easily the best festival i have ever been too :)

here is my predictions for this year wickerman i always get a few bands right every year so heres goes - the waterboys, belle and sebastian, the jesus and mary chain, travis, deacon blue, paolo nutini, frightened rabbit the prodigy - as headliners ??? maybe idlewild not as headliners tho

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there has been no posts at all for wickerman this year

so i thought i would start the ball rolling

cant wait for this year will be 5 year running and its easily the best festival i have ever been too :)

here is my predictions for this year wickerman i always get a few bands right every year so heres goes - the waterboys, belle and sebastian, the jesus and mary chain, travis, deacon blue, paolo nutini, frightened rabbit the prodigy - as headliners ??? maybe idlewild not as headliners tho

James headlining Kendal the previous week so I wondered if they fancied a drier version of their 2011 slot.

Reckon The Levellers might be playing.

Can see it being belle and Sebastian and basement jaxx as headliners. Both seem to be doing the rounds and would fit the bill

Basement Jaxx appear to be this years Kasabian and playing bloody everywhere so think you could be right. Thinking might make the trip up for this one if announcement is decent.

Basement Jaxx appear to be this years Kasabian and playing bloody everywhere so think you could be right. Thinking might make the trip up for this one if announcement is decent.

How's it going lippy? Would be good to see you in the hills mate. You know my predictions are shit but I'm guessing jimmy cliff would get you up the road? Looking like an announcement this week. Basement jaxx seems a good bet and what about 2manydjs for after the burning.

How's it going lippy? Would be good to see you in the hills mate. You know my predictions are shit but I'm guessing jimmy cliff would get you up the road? Looking like an announcement this week. Basement jaxx seems a good bet and what about 2manydjs for after the burning.

Yeah...that could swing it! Hope you are yours are well fella!

A brummie at wickerman, whatever next !

A Geordie !?

I know you are a maybes I maybes no for this year but are you still the official umpire for the predictions ?

Announcement this week so better get them in fast folks. Here`s my top 12 :

Madness

Basement Jaxx

Deacon Blue

Jimmy Cliff

2manydjs

Waterboys

Bombsakre

Idelewild

Hector Bizerk

Colonel Mustard

Vigo Thieves

Reef

Wickerman, one of Scotland’s hottest summer music festivals, has revealed that legendary band The Waterboys and super talented singer songwriter Tom Odell, will be headlining the main Summerisle Stage this July. Also joining the red hot line-up will

On Friday 24th July, The Waterboys are poised to deliver an unforgettable performance in what will be their biggest Scottish festival appearance this year. The iconic band will perform classics from their extensive back catalogue alongside tracks from their recently released album ‘Modern Blues’. Acclaimed for their powerful live performances, the seminal band are set to be a definite hit with the UK’s friendliest festival crowd.

On Saturday, Ivor Novello and Brit Awards winning artist Tom Odell will bring his distinctive sound and spine tingling vocals to Wickerman’s main stage. His 2013 debut album, ‘Long Way Down’, shot straight to number one, featuring hits such as, ‘Can’t Pretend’, ‘Hold Me’ and the gargantuan single ‘Another Love’. Joining them will be the chart topping Example & DJ Wire who promise to deliver an electrifying set. With 25 Top 40 hits, including club favourite ‘Change The Way You Kiss Me’, festival revellers can expect an energetic live performance.

The Wickerman Festival prides itself on offering music lovers a diverse mix of iconic acts and emerging talent and this year’s line-up will be no exception with the appointment of Synergy Concerts, one of Scotland’s leading independent promoters.

Grainne Braithwaite, Founder of Synergy Concerts, commented: “We are massively excited to announce Wickerman’s 2015 headliners, both The Waterboys and Tom Odell give amazing live performances and it’s this combination of talent and showmanship which we believe will really unite the crowds. Wickerman has built its reputation as a festival which offers a truly eclectic line-up and for this reason we are thrilled to be joining the team. Our aim this year is to book the best emerging and established artists to make Wickerman THE must attend for music lovers. We are really looking forward to announcing a diverse line-up of brilliant acts over the coming months.”

Seems odd that the Waterboys and Tom Odell are headlining ahead of Example

Think it's more of a dj set after the burning of wickerman. They tend to have headliners both Fri an sat then set the Wickerman on fire around midnight and have a big main stage dj set afterwards to finish the festival off.