Y-Not Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, not really keen on the headliners this year as their nothing to get me excited but there are a few good acts here such as Pulled Apart By Horses and Slaves. If was going I'd probably go and see Primal Scream, We Are The Ocean, Honeyblood, The Amazing Snakeheads and Allusondrugs but I'm on away every year around Y Not so it isn't an issue :P

Just looking at this with a few mates... I've not been to this festival, and it was a toss up between this and Kendal but for £90 (and two hours less to travel!) I think this could be a winner :)

So, usual annoying questions....

Have people been before, what's the general feel about the place? A lot of the reviews I've read seem positive but thought I'd check here as you're all so very wise and trustworthy...

Just looking at this with a few mates... I've not been to this festival, and it was a toss up between this and Kendal but for £90 (and two hours less to travel!) I think this could be a winner :)

Have people been before, what's the general feel about the place? A lot of the reviews I've read seem positive but thought I'd check here as you're all so very wise and trustworthy...

Got exactly the same dilemma! Kendal line-up is better but if you include the the Thursday ticket etc nearly double the price of Y-Not...and coming from Brum loads closer to Y-Not.

Decisions decisions...

Got exactly the same dilemma! Kendal line-up is better but if you include the the Thursday ticket etc nearly double the price of Y-Not...and coming from Brum loads closer to Y-Not.

Decisions decisions...

Thurs ticket for Y Not is £14 on top of the £90 btw I believe.

Y Not's great, generally really friendly, a lot of people from my area go, and although I dislike the majority, they don't tend to cause too much of a ruckus.

Absolutely worth it for the price, and they have great toilets :P

Expect the rest of the lineup to be full of some class bands as well.

• 3 weeks later...

At least Johnny Marr was good at one point in his career unlike any of the members from Rev.

I've never claimed (recently at least) that Reverend are good :P

I think both Jon and Marr are total idiots, but I enjoy Reverend's first 2 albums, and some of the third, and they're decent live. A couple of my mates like them as well which should make it good fun.

I'd probably watch Johnny Marr if no one else was on, just for The Smiths songs, looks like he played 7 on his last tour so that's decent actually.

A mixture of both. The crowds are fun though, and do get into the act on stage, even the slightly unknown ones earlier in the day. Great atmosphere all round really in the arena, the campsite can get quite a bit rowdy though.

Sweet, ta for the response (looks like I'll be heading for the quiet bit of the campsite!). Nothing worse than a crowd that isn't up for a good crack.

Sweet, ta for the response (looks like I'll be heading for the quiet bit of the campsite!). Nothing worse than a crowd that isn't up for a good crack.

Haha the quiet bit is probably a good idea and there's not really any difference in distance to the arena either from what I recall.

Also, last time I went there was an absolutely class pizza place opposite the entrance to The Quarry, hoping it's still there! I highly recommend it :D

I've never claimed (recently at least) that Reverend are good :P

I think both Jon and Marr are total idiots, but I enjoy Reverend's first 2 albums, and some of the third, and they're decent live. A couple of my mates like them as well which should make it good fun.

I'd probably watch Johnny Marr if no one else was on, just for The Smiths songs, looks like he played 7 on his last tour so that's decent actually.

I listened to the first album a few months ago and I couldn't finish it I hated it so much :lol: but I have heard of their live reputation, but then again my mates told me that The Enemy were "sick" live and they were w*nk too :P

But I'm not Marr's solo stuff, just boring Indie Rock really and I'm not sure if I'd want to hear any The Smiths songs by him as he isn't Morrisey (i.e. the iconic voice, but he too is a nob)

Also surpirsed you didn't take a jab at me for Rolo Tomassi either ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking about Y Not as an alternative to Glasto this year, something a bit more intimate, whats the crack with sneaking booze into the arena, are we talking heavy handed bag searches or just a quick nod from the stewards?

Also how is it in general, are we talking the Glasto or V Fest end of the atmosphere spectrum?

Thinking about Y Not as an alternative to Glasto this year, something a bit more intimate, whats the crack with sneaking booze into the arena, are we talking heavy handed bag searches or just a quick nod from the stewards?

Last time I went there were hardly ever any stewards even at the entrances to the arena, so you can probably sneak it in pretty easily. Not sure if they've ramped up the searching since though.