Y-Not Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like quite a few of the acts lower down the line up.

The academics, Vant, Get Inuit, Brawlers, Tellison and the Bohicas are all worth checking out.

Ynot have also done a Spotify playlist which is good to discover bands playing at the festival. I've also created one called y not that covers most acts that I wanna see.

• 2 weeks later...

If there is anyone out there with a camper van ticket that they no longer need then please get in touch as I am looking for one.

Thanks lots.

Oh, and for those who haven't been before and are asking what it's like, I'm a million years old and have done many many festivals and this one really hits the spot.  Sorry to compare but many out there will have done Glasto.  I think YNOT combines the energy of Glasto with the Avalon field vibe to make a fantastic friendly festival.

I went to Y Not in 2011 and 2012. In 2011 we camped in Black Dog camping (or was it Black sheep?) which was great as the field was mostly empty and it was pretty quiet, which is kind of what we’re after as we’re now all ancient (30+). It was a longer walk to the main entrance but obviously, at Y Not you’re talking about an extra two minutes, which is fine. In 2012 they decided to use that field for camper vans and Black Dog/Sheep or whatever it was had relocated, which we only discovered on the Sunday after a few days camped next to some right young ‘uns who eventually got chucked out after a brawl.

Anyway, we’re going back again this year after a three year gap and wondered where the quieter camping spots are now? I seem to recall that the quieter camping was the opposite side of the site to the car park – is it still there?

There is a specific quiet camping area, and also a family area.  Both are nice and civilized - i.e. tents are still upright on Sunday morning, and litter is kept in bin bags which are neatly stacked.  Folks still sit around and chat quietly till the early hours, but music is kept to a minimum after the main act closes.  A couple of years ago there was a bit of trouble (kids camping in the area and causing a bit of a nuisance)  - there were a lot of complaints and the organisers took it seriously, and beefed up the presence of security in the area - and I have to say, they did an excellent job IMHO.

Ive seen that the festivities generally go one until about 2:30-3:00 what kind of stuff is going on after midnight? Does it stay guitar music or does it get a little more ravey after say 11/12??

Cheers

Edited by terry.fwit

Various Dance tents and silent discos - perhaps 3 or 4 of them.  In previous years the Tribe of Xanadu has run them, but i'm not seeing a lot of activity on their fb site at the moment - but they did it very well.  There has been a secret venue the last couple of years - in 2013 very few people found it, but it was quite ravey.  Everyone found it last year, so I didn't get in!  There are a couple of fire pits (with fires not allowed in the camping area) which folks gather around.  There is certainly a lot of activity, and I would be surprised if you couldn't find something to keep you happy :-)

Tickets booked. This will be my fifth Y-Not! I don't really have an excuse since it's about 10 minutes from my home.

Looks like a decent lineup this year. It's a shame Pulled Apart By Horses, PSB, Snoop and SFA all look to clash with each other though :/ Looking forward to a few pints of Moonshine again :-D

You can get from one end of the festival site to the other in 10 to 15 minutes. The site is small and well designed. Last year they had the actual venue in the middle with the family camping and clamping as you went in and the other camping the other side and behind the Quarry stage. There was a main walk through to get from the main campsite to the car parks and it was never too busy.

As far as toilets are concerned I found them to be half decent for a UK festival and I'm sure there was showers. There was also 'posh' toilets for a smallish charge.

I think it's ideal for a first time festival goer.

I went last year with a few women that you really wouldn't class as festival goers and they had a great time. They were worried about it being dirty, uncomfortable, expensive etc. but they were pleasantly surprised. They're going back this year so it must have won them over!

I went last year and returning this year.  Had a good atmosphere and quite looking forward to how close everything is after destroying my body at Glastonbury.  We ended up camped next to a group of 17/18 year olds off their tits on drugs and nos, would be some people's worst nightmare but found myself quite in awe of their stamina and they were friendly enough...  When they had a wrestle and destroyed all of their tents they stayed clear of ours so no harm done.  Our other neighbour spent most of the night in,  sometimes heated,  discussion with his tent.  It was a bit of a one sided conversation.  

Thanks for all the info folks.

Heading to YNot for the first time this year and really looking forward to it.

Saw Public Service Broadcasting and SFA at Glastonbury and both were on top form.

Particularly looking forward to trying Black Honey, Slaves and Bohicas

Anyone know if timings are published in advance or is it find out when you get there?