One Love 2015

5co77ie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yo! Last minute invite to this gladly received. Info please? I know it's moved site.

Going for the day on sat 5th, but may extend, not sure what to expect as never been to a 4k capacity fest ( maybe gford back in the day)

What times curfew?

Booze options? Do they sell spirits?

I seem to recall someone saying on another thread security were relaxed about the green? True? Asking for a friend - no really.

I've seen the heavy checks at Boomtown. Worth risking or get there?

Any act recommendations? (I prefer jungle vibes and mcs to get lively and sunshine smoking chilled)

it's lovely, but the live stages can seem a bit sparely populated because for many it's all about the campsite during the day and the sound systems in the evenings.

Can't tell you about curfews and the old bill's attitudes because it's on a new site in a different council and old bill area. I'm slightly concerned that it might get Hampshire old bill's normal over-kill as seen at places like Boomtown and Bestival, tho hopefully it will get mostly ignored (as has been the case on other sites it's been on).

There's some excellent old skool reggae from the likes of Mykal Rose, Dennis Bovell, Twinkle Brothers, & Third World.

• 2 months later...

Looked really nice this year Neil. I was considering it when it was in Winchester as only 45 minutes away from me, however different location and the fact that at my age it takes a long time to physically recover from Boomtown decided against it.

I went to the one in Essex a couple years ago and really enjoyed it so it's on the agenda for next year.

If they manage to get Bunny Wailer over then it's a definite yes from me

Edited by tjamest

It was a nice little festival my review and pictures HERE :)

Nice review, but ... Earl 16 very definitely played!  ... and was around the arena too if you wanted to chat to him or buy some of his records.

lookie... :) ... he did his own set and then was joined on stage by Iqulah and Vivian Jones.

Earl16-OneLove2015-08.JPG

Edited by eFestivals