Godiva 2015

Perks

Dudes, anyone know if Godiva is happening again this year? Heard it was July 3rd - 5th, but the dates are unconfirmed. Nothing on their twitter page, am not on lamebook so cant check that.

Last year was so much fun, hope its on again.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing about it announced yet.

Cheers Scottie.

Pigeon detectives anounced at a gig couple of weeks ago they were playing.

Ah really, cool, must defo be on then. Didn't even realise they were still going.

Charlatans is a good shout. I'm going for Ash.....or Fun Lovin Criminals...or both with FLC on the Friday :-)

Wonder when we'll hear more news.

Edit: Just heard Ash on 6music. they didn't mention Godiva when they talked festivals. I'm amending my guess to just FLC...for now

Edited by Perks

• 3 weeks later...

Few places have it marked in at July 3rd - 5th.

Still 4 months to go, with it being a ticketless event they can announce it later, as long as sponsorship and everything else is being done in background.

Pigeon Detectives is a nice start, seen them twice, once they were great another time they were awful, but I think that is when they started to believe their own hype.

FLC aren't big enough to headline the Saturday and the Friday is older acts, Id take them on the line up though.

Charlatans would be a good shout, their tour is this week, so maybe will be announced after that?

Few places have it marked in at July 3rd - 5th.

Still 4 months to go, with it being a ticketless event they can announce it later, as long as sponsorship and everything else is being done in background.

Pigeon Detectives is a nice start, seen them twice, once they were great another time they were awful, but I think that is when they started to believe their own hype.

FLC aren't big enough to headline the Saturday and the Friday is older acts, Id take them on the line up though.

Charlatans would be a good shout, their tour is this week, so maybe will be announced after that?

Yeah, hopefully won't be too long. Read somewhere they were thinking of making it a ticketed and paid event at some point. Whilst that wouldn't be ideal, if it meant the difference between it keeping going or not happening I'd be happy to chuck a tenner at it.

Yeah, hopefully won't be too long. Read somewhere they were thinking of making it a ticketed and paid event at some point. Whilst that wouldn't be ideal, if it meant the difference between it keeping going or not happening I'd be happy to chuck a tenner at it.

There's been talk about making it every other year, a small fee they would be able to make it an annual event.

Has anyone been to festwich? It's another free event in Manchester with tribute bands.

Edited by thetime

Ace, just noticed that, wasn't updated the other day. cool. so we're on then.

Im going for (Headliners)

Friday night

Beautiful South (Well Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot, should I say...)

Saturday night

The Levellers

Oh yeah....

Edited by Perks

Ace, just noticed that, wasn't updated the other day. cool. so we're on then.

Im going for (Headliners)

Friday night

Beautiful South (Well Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot, should I say...)

Saturday night

The Levellers

Oh yeah....

Wondering if they are close to making an announcement if they are updating the website? Levellers could be a good shout.

Wondering if they are close to making an announcement if they are updating the website? Levellers could be a good shout.

Yeah could be couldnt they, when did they announce the line up last year?

I hope its the Levs, they'd bring a great crowd, ah man, I'm going to be disappointed when its not them now!!

EDIT: Just searched, it was the 7th March...so we could be in for an announcement soon

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/183291-godiva-2014/

Edited by Perks

I'm all for the idea of The Charlatans doing it, I've never been good with predicting the headliners for Godiva, although I'm sure The Enemy are in with a shout (unfortunately)

On the plus side if it is them it would mean there is no chance of missing the last train

Ocean Colour Scene are in with a shout as well I reckon. Had one of them there last year, local-ish...

On the plus side if it is them it would mean there is no chance of missing the last train

Ocean Colour Scene are in with a shout as well I reckon. Had one of them there last year, local-ish...

I don't need to worry about the train but you definitely have a point :)

It's not The Charlatans

Just announced they're headlining a fest in Manchester on the Saturday

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot playing the Friday night of that fest, so there goes my prediction for the Friday

I just thought oh maybe Franz Ferdinand as I saw them on the right side of efests in gigs, but nope, theyre in Europe at the time.

Maybe they might have pulled something out the bag and got the Manics??? They're free, their tour has sold out and only have Latitude booked?

Another option which might be more realistic is Travis?

Edited by luckysalt

I just thought oh maybe Franz Ferdinand as I saw them on the right side of efests in gigs, but nope, theyre in Europe at the time.

Maybe they might have pulled something out the bag and got the Manics??? They're free, their tour has sold out and only have Latitude booked?

Another option which might be more realistic is Travis?

Be happy with either of them. Manics would be phenomenal though. Ocean Colour Scene maybe. Wish they'd get a bloody move on!

Edited by Flaminglippy