Download 2016

Hart Attack

I'd love Tool be there but much rather them announce a tour. You need the full experience for tool. A dark room. Light show, projections. Would look strange for watching them when its bright. Never the less would love them 3 headliners. Biffy smashed it at Leeds in 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess at this personally:

Black Sabbath (Final festival appearance)

SOAD (New album potentially)

Blink 182 (New headliner, bit of a novelty being first festival to have them with Matt Skiba perhaps?)

BMTH will need to do more than sell 1 small arena after tickets had been on sale for a full year before they get given the responsibility of being the main draw. Look at how badly A7X sold tickets & that was after 3 arena gigs. I imagine Copping’s waiting to see how BMTH do on a proper tour before putting his eggs in that basket.

I’m guessing 2016 will be –

Tool (UK Exclusive, first show in 10(?) years)

Biffy Clyro (new headliners) &

Black Sabbath (Final UK festival show)

On the official forums someone said at the Fan Forum they were told that Tool were close to headlining this year but then didn’t. Makes sense for them to push it back a year when the new album should be out.

I don't see Biffy doing Download over Glasto at all. If there is any chance of Biffy being offered it next year which I see happening given their past booking record, it'll be Glasto 1st.

What is stopping them from doing both?

There isn't technically but I'd take a good guess that they'd be the Friday headliner and based on that, there is close to no chance of them doing both. Even as the Saturday headliner, this is pretty much the same as well, it'd only be if they were Sunday and held back like The Who were but I don't see Biffy closing out Glastonbury.

I hadn't even noticed that Glastonbury had publicly offered Biffy a slot.

And no one is saying they have either.

There isn't technically but I'd take a good guess that they'd be the Friday headliner and based on that, there is close to no chance of them doing both. Even as the Saturday headliner, this is pretty much the same as well, it'd only be if they were Sunday and held back like The Who were but I don't see Biffy closing out Glastonbury.

They'd only share a headliner if they played on the Sunday of Glastonbury? Oh man.

They'd only share a headliner if they played on the Sunday of Glastonbury? Oh man.

I get what you're saying but in the case of Biffy Clyro possibly yes. I'm fairly sure Neil has said about if and when they headline about it being the Friday it'd be and the fest tend to get their Friday headliner out fairly quick. They wouldn't be booked for the Saturday I doubt. Edited by thewayiam

I get what you're saying but in the case of Biffy Clyro possibly yes. I'm fairly sure Neil has said about if and when they headline about it being the Friday it'd be and the fest tend to get their Friday headliner out fairly quick. They wouldn't be booked for the Saturday I doubt.

That happened this year and that's it. You used to put work into your patterns dude. :P

That happened this year and that's it. You used to put work into your patterns dude. :P

What patterns? All Fridays and fairly early. 2010: U2, 2011: U2, 2013: Arctic Monkeys:, 2014: AF and 2015: FF.

All Friday headliners in those years were out by the end of February, possibly Saturday's not long after except for 2011 when U2 weren't the 1st announced although it was obvious anyway. End of February is still fairly early when you have a festival 3 a bit months later sharing a headliner than never sells out.

Edited by thewayiam

What patterns? All Fridays and fairly early. 2010: U2, 2011: U2, 2013: Arctic Monkeys:, 2014: AF and 2015: FF.

U2 were last announced in 2011, Arctic Monkeys were announced alongside the rest in 2013 and Arcade Fire self confirmed in 2014 without any Glastonbury input. Regardless, this has no bearing on Biffy Clyro doing both.

U2 were last announced in 2011, Arctic Monkeys were announced alongside the rest in 2013 and Arcade Fire self confirmed in 2014 without any Glastonbury input. Regardless, this has no bearing on Biffy Clyro doing both.

I'd disagree. I did actually change my stance on the U2 in 2011 and Arctics have their own announcement on here without the rest for the Friday.

16th Feb, Arctics confirmed. 27th March, The Rolling Stones confirmed along with Mumford & Sons the same day. I'll go half way and say we knew it was Arctics by the 16th.

I'd disagree. I did actually change my stance on the U2 in 2011 and Arctics have their own announcement on here without the rest for the Friday.

16th Feb, Arctics confirmed. 27th March, The Rolling Stones confirmed along with Mumford & Sons the same day. I'll go half way and say we knew it was Arctics by the 16th.

So they can't play both because they'd have to play the Friday of Glastonbury and Friday acts are usually found out first by eFestivals (yet not necessarily announced) and that would harm Download's sales?

Still doesn't explain why Biffy can't play both festival though does it?

I didn't say they couldn't, my point was that they would be most likely to be the Friday headliner, that night is 'usually I'll go with' announced 1st. If Glasto announce them, end of Feb for eg, a large amount of people considering going Download for Biffy, even for that day, many won't see a point of buying a ticket straight away as there is simply no need have no reason to. There will be a lot of people expecting them to headline Glasto next year, not just on here but generally, purely based on they have played regularly and it's the perfect base for them with a new album and may well hold off for this reason. The difference is with AF, Metallica in the end weren't going to play and Kasabian weren't an issue with that. Nor were this years headers, nor were 2013 headers, 2011's or even 2010 tbh. FF are a much bigger act, sold their dates out down here no bother, announced for Glasto, and according to lucky it was maybe, turned Download down? Why not do both if both on offer?

So they can't play both because they'd have to play the Friday of Glastonbury and Friday acts are usually found out first by eFestivals (yet not necessarily announced) and that would harm Download's sales?

They are announced in enough time to harm Downloads sales. How often do you ever hear of a Download Fest headliner playing another English (at least) festival?, bar that FNM at Reading cockup.

I didn't say they couldn't, my point was that they would be most likely to be the Friday headliner, that night is 'usually I'll go with' announced 1st. If Glasto announce them, end of Feb for eg, a large amount of people considering going Download for Biffy, even for that day, many won't see a point of buying a ticket straight away as there is simply no need have no reason to. There will be a lot of people expecting them to headline Glasto next year, not just on here but generally, purely based on they have played regularly and it's the perfect base for them with a new album and may well hold off for this reason. The difference is with AF, Metallica in the end weren't going to play and Kasabian weren't an issue with that. Nor were this years headers, nor were 2013 headers, 2011's or even 2010 tbh. FF are a much bigger act, sold their dates out down here no bother, announced for Glasto, and according to lucky it was maybe, turned Download down? Why not do both if both on offer?

They are announced in enough time to harm Downloads sales. How often do you ever hear of a Download Fest headliner playing another English (at least) festival?, bar that FNM at Reading cockup.

Aren't muse headlining bestival this year?

Aren't muse headlining bestival this year?

Yes they are, but it wasn't unveiled until 5 weeks before the 1st one they were announced for actually happens. I'm talking about a header playing two festivals in the same month and being announced by the end of Feb for both, when one of which is sold out and features a much larger capacity than the other not needing to spend extra money on a day ticket to see that band. I have said, if it was a similar case of announcing late for Glasto it could be done. Even As dental pointed out in 2013, end of March time, all 3 were officially announced together, and it was only The Rolling Stones who had other English dates to sell out of all. Note the side of Muse compared to Biffy also.

• 2 weeks later...