Download 2016

Hart Attack

A little early but predictions are

Biffy clyro System of a down iron maiden

Sub's

BMTH. Tool. Tenacious D

3rd down

Smashing pumpkins. Stone sour. Thunder

Biffy Clyro won't headline I doubt and BMTH will miss the sub spot and next year I'd imagine to return and headline.

SOAD Black Sabbath Iron Maiden if he can pull it off. I suspect there maybe a weaker band in there though. Sabbath and SOAD is based on them having a new album out in time. I think Biffy Clyro are certs for Glastonbury.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking pumpkins headline 2nd but thought I'd put them as 3rd down as they still would get an hours set.

Didn't know tenacious d were third down

Maybe they could headline 2nd stage at best then

I was going have acdc instead of maiden then realised there doing Wembley this yr and probs won't return.

Other likeable I'd like see

Weird al

Vintage trouble ( maybe little inappropriate for download but fun band)

Gojira

Rhapsody

Primus

Hayseed Dixie

Richard cheese (metal heads with a glass of martiny and a pickle)

Nine inch nails ( full light show)

Still remains

Joe bonamssa

Bucket head

Ohh and let's be very unrealistic here but

Christopher Lee ;)

AC/DC doing no festivals (bar Coachella) kind of makes me think they're gonna hit some festivals next year for a bit of extra cash to cap off the tour. Not sure which they'd choose out of Glastonbury or Download (more importantly Donington) though.

I see Black Sabbath have been announced for Ozzfest Japan in November. More importantly, it's announced as a 'farewell show' so I guess it really is the farewell tour this time. Right now I am in the same boat as before thinking it'll be SOAD, Sabbath and BMTH.

AC/DC doing no festivals (bar Coachella) kind of makes me think they're gonna hit some festivals next year for a bit of extra cash to cap off the tour. Not sure which they'd choose out of Glastonbury or Download (more importantly Donington) though.

I see Black Sabbath have been announced for Ozzfest Japan in November. More importantly, it's announced as a 'farewell show' so I guess it really is the farewell tour this time. Right now I am in the same boat as before thinking it'll be SOAD, Sabbath and BMTH.

At this point I really don't want it to be Sabbath and SOAD. I might get a hotel booked early for next year. I still reckon they'll try and let BMTH go one more year but it's a possible.

I'd rather just go to an SOAD indoor show but if they play Download I maybe don't see one happening.

I was told about 6 weeks ago, that Download have already booked Black Sabbath to headline as part of their farewell tour, which also includes a few Arena shows. I wrote this on the Sonisphere forums, Kipper will vouch for me.

The other rumours i heard were Tool and Biffy Clyro.

I've also heard that DEAG/ Kili are looking at having Green Day as their touring headliner, alongside Maiden and Rammstein for the UK edition.

I was told about 6 weeks ago, that Download have already booked Black Sabbath to headline as part of their farewell tour, which also includes a few Arena shows. I wrote this on the Sonisphere forums, Kipper will vouch for me.

I've also heard that DEAG/ Kili are looking at having Green Day as their touring headliner, alongside Maiden and Rammstein for the UK edition.

Ah I'm more interested in an arena tour.

Well that's June and July for next year wrapped up then if true.

Bring Me The Horizon, Black Sabbath, System of A Down sounds like a good trio?

Nope!

Sounds like a desperation trio.

Sabbath are a headliner, but lets face it, their hyde park show with a stellar undercard, good location and ticket cost way less than a Download day ticket didn't sell out. They've played a lot recently, the damand isn't THAT strong for them, if it is their last ever show it would be but the fact that a tour will come alongside it, that will take away some of the demand.

System, I love them, but Download 2011 their comeback show after years, with A7X supporting, didn't sell out, It was a poor selling year overall and they were the main selling act and they couldn't even sell out their day.

Then they went and subbed at Reading. Which Andy was SOOOO pissed off with cus it weakens them as a headline attraction now, IMO, they should headline Soni if its succesful in returning, smaller fest, should be a string showing, then they're built back up to headliner, the thing with System they're a much more youthful act but they're resting on their past, a big act like Sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica can do that but the fact is those acts are all still releasing new albums! System haven't in ages, they need a new album, a lot of people who wanted to see them have had the opportunity, so they need to bring something else to the table, their one off UK date this year selling out fast has increased demand but the touts bought the fuck out of them.

BMTH, the great hope for the UK rising headliner, BUT they need to be booked alongside two massive headliners, im not sure its quite the time yet. But whats the alternative, they sub? And then return two years later, that would be 2018? Im not sure they could ride that momentium for that long, the same situation happened with Bullet and they flopped, Bullets next album is hoping they will push back to headliner level, going to be interesting what happens cus BMTH could sub Download and then headline Reading in 2017 then headline Download 2018. but would that be over exposure? Third, Sub, Sub, Headline, Headline. Seems that way.

I think Metalicbear is totally right, I know Download want Tool as a headliner as they haven't played here for SO long and Andy knows the Tool fans would come flooding PLUS they have no stage show its a cheaper costing headliner in that regards

And Biffy is totally his Muse for next year, the mainstream proven headliner now, a lot of people seem to think Download wouldn't book Biffy as headliner, they're insane, of course he would. He'd love it.

I think Download are looking at the pool of Sabbath, Tool, BMTH, Biffy, Blink and System.

I think Andy MAY try and book Blink as a sub, in the regards that the new singer people may be wary, come over lads and prove yourselves, and as long as the money is right, I think they would do it.

Thing is a lot is depending on if Tool can be arsed, cus they don't NEED Download. So lets just see what happens there.

Well SOAD was based on them bringing out a new album. I don't even think they'll be touring Europe again without one but with a few gigs lined up I figured they'll at least be working on one. I don't think Sabbath, (new album/farewell tour) SOAD (new album) and BMTH (new album/first headline slot) would be too weak personally but I guess Andy could still be hung up about SOAD.

Tool have no stage show but they don't allow screens or coverage either do they? I think that could be a stumbling block if it's still true.

Edited by dentalplan

Sabbath are a headliner, but lets face it, their hyde park show with a stellar undercard, good location and ticket cost way less than a Download day ticket didn't sell out. They've played a lot recently, the damand isn't THAT strong for them, if it is their last ever show it would be but the fact that a tour will come alongside it, that will take away some of the demand.

System, I love them, but Download 2011 their comeback show after years, with A7X supporting, didn't sell out, It was a poor selling year overall and they were the main selling act and they couldn't even sell out their day.

Then they went and subbed at Reading. Which Andy was SOOOO pissed off with cus it weakens them as a headline attraction now, IMO, they should headline Soni if its succesful in returning, smaller fest, should be a string showing, then they're built back up to headliner, the thing with System they're a much more youthful act but they're resting on their past, a big act like Sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica can do that but the fact is those acts are all still releasing new albums! System haven't in ages, they need a new album, a lot of people who wanted to see them have had the opportunity, so they need to bring something else to the table, their one off UK date this year selling out fast has increased demand but the touts bought the fuck out of them.

BMTH,

Sabbath's Hyde Park show clashed with Soni or I would have gone. I'm sure lots of people were in the same boat. They are a strong headliner for me and lets face it, they'll be gone soon.

System at Leeds were immense. Much better than at Download 2011 and I thought they were great there at that time. Green Day were very disappointing in comparison. I get that 2011 was a poor year allegedly. Main was rammed for A7X and SOAD though. Still a strong headliner for me. If the touts have really bought all the tickets for Wembley I'll hopefully be able to swap my seats for standing outside then :)

BMTH, meh, w*nk. yawn.

Bring Me The Horizon, Black Sabbath, System of A Down sounds like a good trio?

Nope!

Sounds like a desperation trio.

BMTH, the great hope for the UK rising headliner, BUT they need to be booked alongside two massive headliners, im not sure its quite the time yet. But whats the alternative, they sub? And then return two years later, that would be 2018? Im not sure they could ride that momentium for that long, the same situation happened with Bullet and they flopped, Bullets next album is hoping they will push back to headliner level, going to be interesting what happens cus BMTH could sub Download and then headline Reading in 2017 then headline Download 2018. but would that be over exposure? Third, Sub, Sub, Headline, Headline. Seems that way.

I think Metalicbear is totally right, I know Download want Tool as a headliner as they haven't played here for SO long and Andy knows the Tool fans would come flooding PLUS they have no stage show its a cheaper costing headliner in that regards

And Biffy is totally his Muse for next year, the mainstream proven headliner now, a lot of people seem to think Download wouldn't book Biffy as headliner, they're insane, of course he would. He'd love it.

I think Download are looking at the pool of Sabbath, Tool, BMTH, Biffy, Blink and System.

I think Andy MAY try and book Blink as a sub, in the regards that the new singer people may be wary, come over lads and prove yourselves, and as long as the money is right, I think they would do it.

Thing is a lot is depending on if Tool can be arsed, cus they don't NEED Download. So lets just see what happens there.

I agree with most of that. I reckon BMTH could get away with not playing next year, having another album release plus tour and then heading 17.

As much as I think Andy would book Biffy Clyro, now more than I did I don't think it's right for them, they didn't look comfortable subbing last time and it wasn't one of their better shows. I think Glasto will offer them the headline show and they'll take that I think knowing it won't harm their Download chances, whereas not live upto the hype at Download and it might do them for Glasto later.

As for the headers, Andy has stated that Blink would headline recently, I think you're looking at them, SOAD and Sabbath out of them 3. I don't think like Van Halen he'll get Tool.

Also when were B4MV ever headline sized?

Biffy have headlines Soni, L/R and T. They will headline Download.

I don't think they will, they still have Glasto as well. I'll admit there is a chance if Download and Glasto can agree to share but that doesn't happen with Download. The issue with Sabbath and Biffy on the same card is I know a fair bit of the undercard I'd find rubbish for me. Note that Biffy are also as pop as they've ever been now.

Remember you said KOL would play T the other year, that didn't happen ;P

Edited by thewayiam

I don't think they will, they still have Glasto as well. I'll admit there is a chance if Download and Glasto can agree to share but that doesn't happen with Download. The issue with Sabbath and Biffy on the same card is I know a fair bit of the undercard I'd find rubbish for me. Note that Biffy are also as pop as they've ever been now.

Remember you said KOL would play T the other year, that didn't happen ;P

If you genuinely think that Biffy Clyro will do anything less than headline any UK festival they now play then you are insane.

Aye, it seems that "their final show in Japan" can be interpreted 2 ways. We've been here before though. Their final European show last tour was followed by their UK ones somewhat miraculously after the magazines had hyped it all up.

They have a final album coming out, no? I can't see them doing nothing for a year anywhere, then doing a one off Japan show as their final hurrah. There will be shows elsewhere, and definitely think a big UK one-off or festival has to be on the cards. Their hyde park show sold poorly because it was announced very late on when Sonisphere had been on sale for a long time. Not to mention BST as a festival was pretty unproven, Hyde Park didn't have the best write-up in the past venue wise and all that that would have dented sales. If it was on a different weekend, it would have sold more/sold out I imagine.

But aye, the predictions on here sound quite likely. Sabbath have to be a cert, Tool seem to be showing some signs of movement, so I think next year is as good as any.

Will Metallica not have a new album by next year?

Nah its no stumbling block at all, its not like Download has a television audience like Reading does.

Andy just wouldn't book someone with an impressive stage show before them so as no to make them seem weaker by comparison, thats all.

So my dream of Tool subbed by NIN is a no go then?

Good to hear that Tool sounds like a viable option, though.