Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenacious D were third down in 2012 so I doubt they'd sub now.

If it were the acts you've said, I'd arrange it like this:

Friday:

Main - System of a Down / NIN / KoRn

Second - All Time Low

Saturday:

Main - Green Day / Deftones / Limp Bizkit

Second - Motorhead

Sunday:

Main - Black Sabbath / Bullet For My Valentine / Tenacious D

Second - Sleeping With Sirens

I think it's too soon for BMTH. I reckon they need to spend late 2015/early 2016 working on a new album to be released mid-late 2016 with an arena tour, then headline Download 2017. Otherwise they're a bit overexposed/rushed to the top IMO.

They have a tour lined up for this autumn already (if anybody saw my post on the R+L section feel free to back me up as the leak has gone now) and that's what swung me from thinking the same thing as you to be honest. Doesn't guarantee they're not doing R+L next year and Download headline the year after though.

They have a tour lined up for this autumn already (if anybody saw my post on the R+L section feel free to back me up as the leak has gone now) and that's what swung me from thinking the same thing as you to be honest. Doesn't guarantee they're not doing R+L next year and Download headline the year after though.

This is true.

Oooh, hadn't heard about this. That changes things, especially if they're working on a new album already and will have it out before next summer.

Oooh, hadn't heard about this. That changes things, especially if they're working on a new album already and will have it out before next summer.

Yeah MLK (this German booking agent) published dates for some acts in German cities which included both Bullet and BMTH this November. Coupling that with Luckysalt saying he's hearing rumours that BMTH are subbing R+L and headlining next year's Download (he didn't say much more on the rumour other than that there were rumours) makes me reckon it's true. Could just be 2+2=5 though.

Cant be arsed to multiquote so I'll just write random things in no particular order.

The BMTH/Sabbath thing is what it is, just a rumour, for now anyway

Green Day were great at Reading 2013, but they were great for Green Day not as in the grand scheme of things.

Tool are 100% still on the wishlist

NIN will not play Download

Live Nation are expecting big things from Bullets next album and will be pushing them VERY hard again. Andy has worked long trying to get them to headliner status and the last album was a blip that they are hoping will be forgotten with a strong next album and could be in the frame for 2016 headliner.

So, so early. But here goes.

GLASTO: Biffy Clyro, Gorillaz, Ed Sheeran.

R&L: The Prodigy, Foals, Muse.

DL: Bullet For My Valentine, Tool, System Of A Down.

TITP: Muse, Kings Of Leon, Ed Sheeran.

V: Florence and The Machine, Mumford and Sons.

IOW: Paramore, The Libertines, Foo Fighters.

Edited by Andre91

Glasto: Biffy Clyro, Radiohead, Ellie Goulding

R&L: Muse, The Prodigy, Foals

DL: Bring Me The Horizon, System Of A Down, Metallica

V: Ed Sheeran, Rihanna

IOW: Florence + The Machine, Mumford & Sons, Green Day

T In The Park: Florence + The Machine, Muse, Ed Sheeran