Download 2016

Hart Attack

Don't think we will see a secret set. Surely he would still want to get people interested and say ''There might be a secret set. Wait and see'' sort of thing to get people hyped but not actually give much away? Would be very happy if it was ADTR but it'd just cause more clashes no doubt. Will find out soon enough if there is any space for secret sets anyway.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Times are up guys

Hasn't really staggered the stages at all really as you're missing 20 mins plus probably start/end of an act you're getting from or two even maybe. Billy Talent/NW and JA clash is a bit crazy, half of a BT set and half a JA set seals no ticket, and the inevitable Shinedown/BB clash.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Hasn't really staggered the stages at all really as you're missing 20 mins plus probably start/end of an act you're getting from or two even maybe. Billy Talent/NW and JA clash is a bit crazy, half of a BT set and half a JA set seals no ticket, and the inevitable Shinedown/BB clash.

Yup the whole longer set times, staggering stages completely out the window, NOFX were meant to finish prior to BS, completely clash with them.

Oh well, you learn, don't believe it til you see it, remember these times were coming in April, its now May 25th.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Yup the whole longer set times, staggering stages completely out the window, NOFX were meant to finish prior to BS, completely clash with them.

Oh well, you learn, don't believe it til you see it, remember these times were coming in April, its now May 25th.

Yup. I didn't see how he could fit all of 2nd stage Saturday in and not clash NOFX and Sabbath, it's only made my mind up quite easily though not to push forward for a day ticket, I was very reluctant as it was to put anymore money into this idiots festival anyway and now 3 acts clash. Not a huge JA and NW fan and I can easily miss Maiden,

On 24/05/2016 at 4:26 PM, luckysalt said:

Difference is last year sales were lower, so saying there's some secret acts leads to interest.

This year, sales are way up, have you not noticed that they haven't really given a shit promoting for months, because sales were already that high.

The past week there's been a lot of YouTube adverts for download

On 24/05/2016 at 4:26 PM, luckysalt said:

Difference is last year sales were lower, so saying there's some secret acts leads to interest.

This year, sales are way up, have you not noticed that they haven't really given a shit promoting for months, because sales were already that high. there's no need for cheap promotion and teasing and hinting at something that won't come to pass this year. The only thing has been the Motorhead slot and even then, months in advance they've said no replacement and its a 20 min video. Other years they would have said undecided right up until the event and then said no replacement OR there would have been a replacement.

If there's going to be a secret act its cus they've reached out to Download and asked to do it, otherwise why bother. 

Sales are that strong this year. 

I have seen promotion for it in loads of places.

I meant Copping talking bullshit hyping up stuff, he's hardly said anything. 

The usual train station posters etc are of course going to be there.

To be honest though, I think its a lot to do with a new team taking over and roles being reassessed. 

Regardless, trust me, its sold a shit load of tickets. 

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I meant Copping talking bullshit hyping up stuff, he's hardly said anything. 

The usual train station posters etc are of course going to be there.

To be honest though, I think its a lot to do with a new team taking over and roles being reassessed. 

Regardless, trust me, its sold a shit load of tickets. 

Oh I don't disbelieve that it has, I find it very to see why it has, even for someone that isn't metal to the core. 

Maiden's plane was looking fine and mighty last friday when I saw it parked up in Dusseldorf (closest airport to Dortmund).

A shame I have had other plans for a while now as think I would have really enjoyed download this year.

Edited by lharris92

6 hours ago, St.Jimmy said:

Hi this year's my 1st time at download, can anyone tell me if I will be able to take my own alcohol into the village?

Yep. You can take all the booze you like in the village and campsite area  (no glass bottles though).

The arena is the only area you can't. 

1 hour ago, scrubbertheman said:

Yep. You can take all the booze you like in the village and campsite area  (no glass bottles though).

They actually have stated this year, excessive amounts of alcohol will not be allowed, they've changed a few things this year, do you know they're allowing firewood this year!

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

They actually have stated this year, excessive amounts of alcohol will not be allowed, they've changed a few things this year, do you know they're allowing firewood this year!

What's it called when combine shrugged shoulders and confusion eyebrows ?

Don't think I've ever experienced that combination before. 

12 hours ago, scrubbertheman said:

What's it called when combine shrugged shoulders and confusion eyebrows ?

Don't think I've ever experienced that combination before. 

I just mean it seems weird they're presenting a stance on excessive alcohol being frowned upon yet at the same time saying this year you can have fires lads, something they've always banned at Download, bet they don't allow fires after all, be interesting to see if they're selling firewood like they do at Reading

15 hours ago, scrubbertheman said:

Awesome thanks

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I just mean it seems weird they're presenting a stance on excessive alcohol being frowned upon yet at the same time saying this year you can have fires lads, something they've always banned at Download, bet they don't allow fires after all, be interesting to see if they're selling firewood like they do at Reading

My reaction was to their new policies Lucky.  

Just bizarre.