Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighten up! It is one band. A gimmick band. I enjoyed the Sonisphere gimmicks like Bjorn Again, so why can't this be a laugh too? I would much rather watch them than All Time Low anyway!

If you don't want to watch them then see Graveyard instead. Not exactly a bad alternative. 

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'll be watching I expect, Karate is a banger. Nice to see Copping has decided to stop booking based on wether he likes a band or not.

No he hasn't....he clearly had nothing else or that slot would have been done. He didn't even fill the motorhead slot properly.

19 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

If not I would've loved being a fly on the wall when he was told.

He's still making it blatantly obvious on Twitter that he still isn't a fan, he's suggesting to anyone that complains that he'll be elsewhere watching something else. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if LiveNation have forced his hand on this one... first the slap on the wrist for bullshitting about Efestivals & now being forced to book a band he openly dislikes, perhaps this will finally give the man the reality check he needs, then again, maybe not. 

I just created an account to ask 2 things:

1. What's the difference between buying Weekend tickets and individual tickets for Sat and Sunday? I did the maths and I end up by saving if I just buy them separately.

2. My friend and I can't affoard camping so it's ok to just sleep in the woods? We'll be probably too drunk to care but will we get in trouble with the security for this? 

1 hour ago, GodOfBeerAndTits said:

I just created an account to ask 2 things:

1. What's the difference between buying Weekend tickets and individual tickets for Sat and Sunday? I did the maths and I end up by saving if I just buy them separately.

2. My friend and I can't affoard camping so it's ok to just sleep in the woods? We'll be probably too drunk to care but will we get in trouble with the security for this? 

You realise it's a 3 day festival yes? Weekend ticket gets you 3 days of music not just sat and sun.

You'll be lucky to find any woods on site that you can access. You'll get moved on anywhere you try to crash on site but I suppose there are plenty places off site. If we get normal download weather though you will perish.

6 hours ago, devilman said:

You realise it's a 3 day festival yes? Weekend ticket gets you 3 days of music not just sat and sun.

You'll be lucky to find any woods on site that you can access. You'll get moved on anywhere you try to crash on site but I suppose there are plenty places off site. If we get normal download weather though you will perish.

I see. I know it's 3 days but for me, weekend is only Saturday and Sunday so that's why I was confused. For £15 more then I might go Friday but the lineup doesn't look that interesting apart from Ramnstein and maybe try to embarass my friend with Babymetal. What do you recommend? 

I was looking on Google maps and found some woods west of the blue camping. Is blue camping considered to be on site? As for the weather, I know it's the UK but I will take my chances anyway. 

Personally I'd just find the extra for a weekend camping ticket. The walking you'll have to do every day to find somewhere off site that has no wombles guarding it is not worth the money you'll save. Friday is weakest on paper but discovering new music and bands is quite a large proportion of what festivals are about for me. Good luck with the wild camping if you go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Still not putting an official date on it, just found this on twitter

sdasdads.png

Haha what a waste, I probably only realy want to see two banda now as a 3rd will clash. Won't be in the arena until half 4 anyway and the closer it gets I refuse to give Copping my money. Billy Talent are Disturbed as much as I like them don't produce the same quality as a couple of albums back now.

I'm going to this - volunteering with Big Green Coach. But it's not a very great line-up really is it. For the price. I think you metalheads and rock fans are being shortchanged..

For me, I'm excited to see Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Graveyard, Gojira, Ghost and Ramstein will be good a second time through. Not so much interested in Maiden again as it's always the same thing. Other metal/rock fests in Europe have much stronger and more eccleptic line-ups, Hellfest, Graspop, Wacken. Or maybe I'm just craving the more extreme stuff. I guess majority of the Download punters will be mainstream rock fans there for the headliners..

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

The new Billy Talent song is an absolute scorcher tbh. And there's a couple of belting songs on III. As long as they reel out mostly stuff from II ( which seems likely ), then I'm happy enough.

Disturbed produced quality?

If you mean Afraid of Heights the it's shite by their standards and Billy Talent III was fair poor. Not a scratch on 1 and 2. They wey went too cheesy and it didn't work.